• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6.14 mistake in RAW imoprt from Canon Powershot G1X MK III

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this update (6.14) LR started support RAW from Canon Powershot G1X MK III. When I imported RAWs to LR, see enclosed picture (corner, 100%)  wahats randmly happened. I transfered same files to Canon DPP and there is no problem. Please fix this bug !

IMG_0051.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

That is either a corrupted file or the option to use the GPU is turned on.

Open the LR Preferences and go to the Performance tab and turn off the option to use the GPU.

If that doesn't fix the problem then the file is corrupted. that can be cause by a bad SD card, bad card reader, bad cable that goes from the reader to the computer or from camera to computer if you are connecting the camera directly to the computer.

Post back with results from turning the GPU option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is either a corrupted file or the option to use the GPU is turned on.

Open the LR Preferences and go to the Performance tab and turn off the option to use the GPU.

If that doesn't fix the problem then the file is corrupted. that can be cause by a bad SD card, bad card reader, bad cable that goes from the reader to the computer or from camera to computer if you are connecting the camera directly to the computer.

Post back with results from turning the GPU option off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh it's not a bug. It is a hardware problem or as I stated above the GPU option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not a hardware bug. Just tried with/without GPU - same result. And, as I wrote , when I open same file via Canon DPP, file is without issue (so no corrupted file).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What DPP is showing you is the embedded JPG file included with every RAW file. That embedded JPG might not be corrupted.

If you have PS and ACR installed try opening that file in ACR. If it looks the same, corruption at the bottom, then that file "IS" corrupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

landov  wrote

This is definitely not a hardware bug. Just tried with/without GPU - same result. And, as I wrote , when I open same file via Canon DPP, file is without issue (so no corrupted file).

It is a hardware malfunction. As explained above, DPP is showing the embedded JPG, which is often not corrupted even when the RAW is corrupted.

So, you need to check your hardware, including card reader and/or USB cable, to find where the problem is.

You will be waiting an awful long time for Adobe to fix this, because it isn't anything Adobe can fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add that we see a lot of post just like yours and 99% of the time it is a corrupted RAW image file. And if the file is not corrupted then it is because of the GPU option.

There are other RAW file converters available with Free trial periods. I suggest you try one or two to check that file.

Also is the memory card you are using new or older from some other camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

memory card is from older camera, but was formated twice. Im going try other Raw file converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other hardware that can malfunction other than memory card. The list of possible malfunctions (which may not be complete):

• camera itself (writes the wrong data to the camera card)
  • camera card
  • card reader or USB/Cable and USB port
  • hard disk
  • computer memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I returned camera and awaiting new one. Will see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you found out it wasn't LR.

Hope the next camera works out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not. But camera replacing is best way to find it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not be that easy. Let us know if the new camera fixes the problem.

As the other posters have said, other hardware might be the problem. LR does not do this kind of file corruption.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR for years , for the last time with NEF files (D500) and ARW (RX100MK3) without any issues. Only with G1MK3 I have issue.

I will be back with update soon. Wish you a Merry Christmas !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just received second one camera and situation is same - RAW files are randomly corrupted. At the same time I try transfered NEF files from D500 to LR 6.14 - no problem. I think it is Canon firmware isuue. Just reported to Canon support, will see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a hardware problem somewhere.

Try a different USB cable
Try a different USB port

Try a different computer

Try a different memory card

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download 9 RAW CR2 images created with that camera from DPReview and none of them are corrupted in any way.

You either got 2 bad cameras. Or they sent back the same Exact camera you returned (wonder if you recorded the serial number of the first so you can check it against the second). Or you have bad card, bad card reader, bad cable or bad USB port.

Did you use the exact same memory card, the old one from some other camera, in the second camera you received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New one camera s/n is different.

I tried new SD card, transfered files to another PC. Still same, BUT Ifind out, that ALL corrupted files are in ca 27-40mm focal lenght. No one below, no one above. I think, that is camera FW problem for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried open files, which are corrupted in LR 6.14 via Luminar 2018 (which supported RAWs from G1X MK3). Every files are OK. So I think that problem is in  Lightroom 6.14 finally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am 99.99999999% sure the problem is not with LR 6.14.

Do all images shot with that camera have the corruption at the bottom like the image you supplied in your first post?

If not then it is not LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If 2 different RAW converters shows same RAW files from 2 different G1X MK3 cameras correctly, only in LR6.14 is issue, I believe that 99,9% is problem on LR side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely wrong? No. Partially wrong? Yes.

Are you happy now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are right. You were not completely wrong...only for 99,9999999%, as you wrote on Dec.29.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a Google search for this and it seems only you are having this problem.

In fact the only result about this camera and LR 6.14 is this thread on this forum.

I see one other post from Dec 9 17 that LR isn't supporting this camera yet but no follow up that once LR did there was a problem.

So either it is some part of your hardware or the install of LR 6.14 on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines