• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My pdf file keeps corrupted

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update i not sure why my pdf file corurpted. It show create a local copy or discard where it normally wont show on my ipad. After i exitand reenter, the pdf file that i choose wont load and the time and date of the file changed to now. I tried uniinstall and reinstall the apps but the pRoblem maintain. I am sad as all my one year of hardwork studying and highlighting gone inA blink of an eye.

TOPICS
iOS , View or share PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yaph79276059​,

Sorry for the problem.

I am not sure if the PDF documents are actually corrupted.

Would you try restarting your iPad/iPhone after updating to the latest version (17.12.15) of Acrobat Reader?

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restarting your device should clear the bad state.

When you see the alert again, please choose to create a local copy so you will not lose new changes.  The copy will appear in the "Local" file browser in Acrobat.

Please let us know what you find.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to restart my iPad.  Ut the problem still presist. The file that i wanted to open has change its saved date to now and thr file toook forever to open as the loading sign keep on and on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it is running on the 17.12.15 version too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

At this point, I'd recommend the following steps.

1. Make backup copies of the existing Local files (i.e. transfer the files to your Windows/Mac computer).
    How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes
  2. Open the backup copies in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader on your Windows/Mac computer.
    Can you open the files in the desktop version of Acrobat Reader?
    Proceed to the next step only when you confirm that the files are not corrupted.
  3. Uninstall Acrobat Reader on your iPhone/iPad. (Note that iOS will erase all of your local files and preferences.)
  4. Restart your iPhone/iPad.
    Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  5. Reinstall Acrobat Reader on your iPhone/iPad.
  6. Transfer the backup copies from your Windows/Mac computer to your iPhone/iPad.

Sorry for your trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. The file cannot be open on the computer version of adobe. If the problem cotinue i will screenshot it and let you see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.the problem exist today again. I will show u the screenshot. Any comment or opinion to try? So what i highlighted just now gone again. As my last backup is this morning. Help me pls. ThanksE10818F6-E344-48BF-8D9C-09ABDE5A678D.pngE4284B72-CAE7-4505-8BEB-241FEBED7120.pngB567C900-73CC-46C6-9FCF-6DF87270504D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yaph79276059​,

Acrobat Reader displays the alert with the title "Document Could Not Be Saved" when it fails to save changes to the PDF document due to an error.

Because the PDF document is already corrupted/damaged, you will not be able to save any additional changes to it (no matter how many times you try).

We can inspect the corrupted PDF document and try to repair damage, if you are willing to share the PDF document with us (Adobe).

I sent you a forum private message yesterday.  Please respond if you would like us to try repairing the corrupted PDF document.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. how can i send you the pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI yaph79276059​, rsn18022893​,

We just released Acrobat Reader 18.01.15 to the App Store today (January 10, 2018).

As always, we'd highly recommend making backup copies of your valuable PDF documents regularly.

Please try it out by making small changes to a large PDF document and see if it works for you.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Facing problem in some pdf files getting corrupted in new windows server.Its working fine in Old windows server but some pdfs are getting corrupted in 2012R2 and above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines