1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 5, 2009 2:16 PM by Newsgroup_User

Link to documents stored in database on flext front end

chandu2406
      Hi,

I am a newbie to Flex.Can you please help me out with the procedure as how I can to provide a link on flex front end screen which when clicked opens either pdf's,ppt's,word docs from database. I am integrating the flex with spring and hibernate also.can you please tell me how can I connect(Flex to Java connection) to the document in the oracle database with the link.All the documents are stored in database.So for example if a user clicks on a link on flex frontend screen it needs to open a pdf file whihc is stored in database.So can you please post me the connection details as how flex calls java and inturn java calls backend to get the document from database.I am using flex,Spring and hibernate frameworks for the application..

Thanks in Advance
      Chandu
        • 1. Re: Link to documents stored in database on flext front end
          Level 7

"chandu2406" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gju0i3$ov0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am a newbie to Flex.Can you please help me out with the procedure as how
          > I
          > can to provide a link on flex front end screen which when clicked opens
          > either
          > pdf's,ppt's,word docs from database. I am integrating the flex with spring
          > and
          > hibernate also.can you please tell me how can I connect(Flex to Java
          > connection) to the document in the oracle database with the link.All the
          > documents are stored in database.So for example if a user clicks on a link
          > on
          > flex frontend screen it needs to open a pdf file whihc is stored in
          > database.So
          > can you please post me the connection details as how flex calls java and
          > inturn
          > java calls backend to get the document from database.I am using
          > flex,Spring and
          > hibernate frameworks for the application..

Let's start with the basics:

Do you already have an understanding of how you'd perform these steps if
          Flex were not involved (i.e. some sort of static or dynamic html page in the
          browser)?