Thanks in advance BTW!
1 person found this helpful
Sorry the app's hung up. I have a few questions:
What version of the app are you using?
What device are you and what version of its operating system are you on?Also, when you sign in with your Adobe ID to Adobe Creative Cloud can you see ALL the drawings that are on your device represented there?
Please let me know and we'll go from there.
I am using version 4.5 of the app on iOS 11.2.1 and on an iPad Pro. If I go to the cloud I dont see all my drawings. I only see the ones I have manually sent there from the draw app.
OK, that's a bit of a problem because if you uninstall the app, you will lose whatever work has not synced to Creative Cloud. So, we need to try to figure out which drawing is holding up sync. So I have a few more questions:
* How many drawings are on your device that are not showing up on Adobe Creative Cloud?
* Are any of the drawings that haven't synced, unusually complex? (Sometimes "complexity" can be a lot of strokes, it can also be a lot of layers, and sometimes it can be a photo layer).
* How is your wifi network? And have you tried syncing over a different one? I'm asking because if a network is weak or inconsistent, and the app is trying to sync a complex drawing, it will continually "time out" and each time it times out, it will start trying to sync again from the beginning. So what ends up happening is that the app hangs in a constant state of syncing just because it's having trouble with a single drawing.
Let me know what you find.
i have about 75 drawings on the app and have sent 10 of these to the cloud manually. I would like to set up my app and cloud so they sync automatically as I have just lost a project I have been working on for ages by accidentally deleting it, rather than a specific document.
The drawings on the app are not especially complex in my view. I have deleted all photo layers and merged down so none have more than a few layers.
The issue has arisen on three separate wi fi networks. Two of these are a bit slow, but i never have any issues with other programmes and downloading etc.
I have bought more more storage for the cloud but the app doesn’t seem to recognise that I have it and the app is still killing my battery.
really appreciate any help you can offer as not having a good time with app at moment and am upset by ;OST work. Is there any way that can be recovered? Can’t see a recycle bin and so guessing not.
I just want to make sure I'm understanding... You have 75 drawings on your iPad and only 10 of them are showing up when you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw (these should not be files you saved to Creative Cloud, this is where they should automatically show up), and those 10 are drawings that you've saved? In other words, none of your drawings have synced to Creative Cloud?
Also about that accidentally deleted project, do you see it in this folder? http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=archive
I'm super concerned that it sounds like NONE of your work has synced.
Things are becoming a bit clearer but syncing between my draw app and the cloud still does not seem to be working properly.
When I clicked the links and logged into the cloud online (i.e not using the app) nearly all of my drawings could be viewed under the ‘draw‘ tab. Deleted projects were also available under the archive tab and I successfully recovered the one I accidentally deleted And so thanks for that tip. However when I returned to the draw tab my drawings had disappeared and there only a message saying I had not synced any files from draw. when I refreshed the page my two most recent projects appeared but all of the other ones had disappeared.
I then went to the cloud app and saw that I had been looking at the wrong place for my files. All my projects could be viewed under the mobile creations tab, including ones I have deleted from my draw app.
What do you think is happening?
Is my cloud app at least working as it should be ind that it is storing all projects even if I have deleted them from my draw app.
if I want my draw app to stop syncing all the time should I just delete projects?
Also still concerned that the additional storage I have bought has not been recognised? Should I contact adobe directly about this?
Just to add that i Have now realised that the cloud app is not showing every drawing or project I have ever created in the app. Some of the older ones which I have deleted are not there but I guess this could be because I deleted the app and reinstalled it earlier in the week.
Or it might be that the Draw app is still trying to sync with the cloud app and that projects deleted from draw will soon disappear from the cloud app. there is just a time delay.
I am losing more than 10percent battery every hour at moment. Ed
Sorry to bombard you with info but have spent quite a few hours trying to resolve this issue today and have some more relevant info.
If I follow your links to view my online cloud i can usually see all the drawings I have on my draw app. I tried to restore a few projects from the draw archive and these showed up on the online cloud (I.e not the creative cloud app) but did not find their way to the draw app.
I tried to send some projects from the on;one cloud to the draw archive, and then deleted them from the app. I hoped this would enable it to cope with the volume of drawings/data stored on it but unfortunately these projects have not appeared in the archive several hours later and so really hoping they are not lost! The app continues to try and sync even though I now only have about less than 20 drawings in it.
It seems pretty clear that my draw app cannot manage to sync whatever it is trying to do. Left it for six hours today with screen lock disabled and no improvement. I can’t find any info on how the sync function should work normally. Does the draw app try and automatically back all drawings up to the online cloud? And archive them if you delete them straight from the app?
As a last attempt to resolve the issue I am minded to depete the draw app after sending all of my remaining drawings manually to the creative cloud. Unless you can think of anything else to try?
My only concern is an issue I have noticed when trying to return pdf files to draw from the cloud app. I have been clicking on share and then copy image and then creating a new document in draw and pasting it in as an image layer. Unfortunately the image then has a white background even though there was no background layer when the file was sent to the cloud. Will this white background show when I print on non white surfaces?
I'm so sorry this has become such an ordeal for you. It should not be nearly so difficult.
A few things I just wanted to mention before we get to the topic of your work syncing.
* I don't have access to customer accounts, so I can't actually check on storage for you. Definitely contact Adobe Customer Care about that. The best ways to contact them are through online chat at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AdobeCare. They'll be able to easily check on that additional storage.
* Saving as a PDF with the intent of bringing that work back into Draw isn't a super good approach because you can't really continue editing the content after it's brought back into the app as a PDF. If you could take that PDF content into Illustrator and continue working on it there, that would be a good solution.
* Yes. Whenever you're working over wifi, Draw should sync to Creative Cloud. Automatically. If you delete projects from the app, those changes should also sync whenever you're over wifi.
* One thing I want to make sure you know about deletions: Project deletions are archived. Individual drawing deletions are not. In other words… If you delete one drawing from a project that has five drawings in it. That one drawing will be permanently deleted. It will not be archived. However, if you delete the entire project (whether it has one drawing in it or twenty) the project will be archived. It's an important distinction which could be why some of your drawings may not be showing up in the Archived section.
About the syncing…
Even though the app just drops deleted projects into the Archive, I'd prefer you not delete them right now. I think you may be able to just sign out of the app and sign back in but first I want to make sure of a couple of things (because I'm a bit confused about what has and hasn't synced). So, my questions:
* How much work (how many drawings) are on your iPad that aren't on https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw or https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=archive
* I'd like to try to determine WHEN the app stopped syncing. Can you identify a particular drawing that may be causing the app to hang? In other words, is there any work that you can see has only partially synced? Or after which no other work has synced?
I'm trying to determine if you're safe to sign out of the app and sign back in. Generally it's safe to do it even if work hasn't synced completely, but I don't like to take those chances with other people's work.
Thanks for getting back to me with this helpful information. Here is where I have got to:
- on my draw app I have 7 projects which total 37 drawings.
- on the online cloud (i.e not the creative cloud app) it show these 7 projects and an additional five ones in the mobile creations/draw section. I restored these yesterday from the draw’ archive but they have not found there way to the app. So they end up there? The draw/archive is not showing several projects which I manually moved to the archive yesterday and which I have deleted from the app now. Guessing it is trying to sync these.
— the creative cloud app is only showing files which i have manually sent there from the draw app (i.e the unhelpful pdfs). Nothing has synced automatically there since I started using the app. How do I resolve that?
I am pretty sure I know the drawing which has caused the problems. Been using the draw app for about amount but about a week ago I made a drawing involving a lot duplicated of layers and shapes. Can’t attach a photo as file is too big but I accidentally created loads of duplicated dots and the app kept freezing when I tried to delete these.
I have deleted this drawing from the app but I guess it could still be trying to sync this or has never recovered. I have deleted and reinstalled the app since this issue arose but this has not solved the problem.
I have been a bit impatient as I have already deleted lots of projects as I thought this would solve the problem. I have kept the main drawings from these and have therefore only lost variations (e.g different colours and layouts) which I can recreate without too much difficulty. My man priority is resolving the issue because of the battery problems and making sure i avoid this happenino again,.
I can’t sign out as I get the message saying it is tryin to complete a backup. Thanks again for your help
Thank you for this. It actually makes everything super clear.
I just saw your email in the in-app feedback and I'm going to respond there because I just noticed something that I didn't realize... that you're using iOS 11.0 and (in addition to perhaps that one drawing that might be hanging things up) that might be causing part of the problem: iOS 11.00 had a lot of problems with disconnecting from wireless (and bluetooth).
The problem with iOS 11, as it pertains to Draw and Sketch, is that if the app is trying to sync, and the connection keeps dropping, the app will continually start over from the beginning. So it becomes an endless attempt to sync.
Anyway, I'll respond there too so keep an eye out for an email from Draw/me.
I had not realised the app feedback went to you! Sent that so adobe could factor into updates for the app.
Pleased to report some progress. The app has finally stopped syncing. I left it charging for 24 hours and turned off the screen lock and it finally caught up with itself. I have also now upgraded my iOS which might help prevent a reoccurrence.
I am am still having some trouble restoring my deleted projects from the archive though. Last night I tried to restore 8 projects from my Mobile/creations/draw archive in the online cloud. The first few made it through to the app almost instantly and this is what led me to send the rest.
I left my iPad charging in the same way (i.e with screen lock disabled to avoid timeout) but they still are not in the app nearly 24 hours later. if I log into into the cloud they are showing under mobile creations/draw and not the archive. How long would you expect it to take for them to show on the app? Is there anything I can do to improve this?
I have noticed another issue when i was manually sending drawings to the creative cloud as pdfs and restoring them to the draw app. This wa that the image quality was very poor, with lots of lines heavily pixelated. I know you were cautioning me against using pdfs for various reasons, but I am wondering how I can share my files with others who are not using adobe software? I am making t-shirt designs and want to send them to manufacturers.
Yep. I actually work for the product team. So pretty much all feedback (and requests for help) gets to me first. Of course the team ends up hearing about a lot of it too.
Your drawings should sync back to your device fairly quickly. If they're not syncing, something is holding one or all of them up. Perhaps one of the drawings. Try this: On assets.adobe.com, place them all back in the Archived folder, then try restoring them to Draw one at a time. See if that works for you.
So here's the thing about PDFs... They're great for sharing the work with other people because the art is scalable and hi-res. They're also great for opening in Illustrator because the scalability and the layers remain intact. But, because they aren't editable (and can basically only be brought into Draw as an image) they're not so good if you're going to want to continue working on the art in Draw. Does that help?
It is three projects which I cannot seem to restore. These are showing in the cloud as having been restored but unfortunately I cannot follow your advice as I cannot return them to the archive. It is a bit difficult to explain what is happening but will do my best....
After selecting the archive option for the project I go to the archive but the project does not appear there. Instead there is a new project in the archive but this has no title and does not show how many drawings in the project. It is literally just a blank line. If I sign out of the cloud and re enter the project can be found in the mobile creations/draw section and not the archive.
So it looks like there is an issue with returning files to the archive which are yet to find there way on to the app. My app shows all files synced and so I am doubtful as to whether the will ever arrive. It has been two days now. Aside from this the syncing seems to be working as it should be As I experimented with a few of my existing and unaffected projects.
Do you think I should write these off?
On the pdf issue, the problem I has]d was that it was not a high quality image that was produced. The lettering was all pixelated. Might this be because the pdf was produced whilst my app was struggling.
on my storage, I spent an hour and a half in the online chat queue last night before giving up. Is there a phone number to ring?
Can you share those three drawings/projects with me? You should be able to since they're in your Draw folder (if I'm understanding correctly and they're not still in the Archived folder).
Here's how to do that from the website:
* Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw
* Select the project to share
* Click on Share/Send Link (in the upper right corner). From the pop-up menu that opens click on the toggle button that's next to Private. That will generate a link.
* Copy that/those links and send it/them to me through the in-app feedback.
Also, when you email me there, let me know if that email address is the one associated with your Adobe ID.
I am pleased to report that I got the projects back. I copied them in the cloud and the copied version showed in the cloud. Still a bit odd as the cloud shows two versions of each project and the app only shows one, but main thing is that they are there.
Still have not resolved the storage issue but I will persevere with the chat. Thanks for your help.
Afraid I have the same syncing issue. I have a project which has been trying to sync for over a week. In the cloud it shows the project as it was then but I have done lots of work since then, including creating additional drawings.
i have also created a couple of other projects since the last sync on the problematic project. These have all synced correctly.
i am too scared to delete the app and reinstall. I have approx 40 projects on it and occasionally when I go into the cloud only a few show. So I am too worried about losing all my work.
Is is there anything i can do? I am leaving my iPad with the screen unlocked but have no idea whether this helps with syncing.
I'm sorry this is happening again. Definitely do not uninstall the app, you'll lose whatever work hasn't synced. A couple of quick questions:
* How is your wifi connection? It sounds like perhaps it hasn't been good for quite some time if you have 40 projects on your device and only a few are showing up when you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw
* When you say you're leaving the screen unlocked, do you mean that the app, and the device are staying open over a wifi connection?
* How many drawings are missing? Have you tried syncing over a different network? If you indeed have more than 30 drawings that need to sync, you're going to need a really strong/consistent connection and you're going to need to leave the app open until you start to see drawings show up on assets.adobe.com
* Finally, is there any chance you have more than one Adobe ID? Have you ever used another email address for an Adobe product? Do you have any other Adobe apps on this same device that could have automatically logged you in with a different account?
Let me know what's happening. There are a few other things you can try.
i have been a bit rash and deleted the app and reinstalled the app but luckily not much harm done. The project causing the problem had about eight drawings in it. these were all variations and it was probably me duplicating layers so many times that caused the problem. So although I lost quite a few within this project, I didn’t really need them all and the ones I want are easy to reproduce.
i think my online cloud loud was just struggling so with this project. Occassionally it seemed to show me a sync from several weeks ago but other times it would show more recent docs. I def only have one id though.
I dont think it is the WiFi as it has only happeNed twice in a few months and both instances involved lots of duplicating layers and erasing small dots which I had created by accident. I will be careful with the way I male projects going forwards. But is there anything that can be done when the app hangs up like this.
Sigh... I'm sorry.
Yes. It is this "extreme" layer duplication/merging that can cause drawings to become overly complex. It basically duplicates (time after time) every stroke on every layer. And merging layer in Draw, unlike in Sketch in which layers are "flattened" when merged, does nothing to simplify the drawing. If anything, it makes it super easy for people to remember how complex the drawing has gotten.
It's really best to draw with no more than however many layers are allowed on your device, with the canvas option you've chosen, and use only that amount of layers. Then merge them when you're finished drawing.
And, keep an eye on assets.adobe.com to make sure work is syncing.