3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2008 10:51 PM by Peter Grainge

Corrupted CPD file in RH7

jaguarxox Level 1
      I know this topic has been covered before for X5 and older versions. I'm using RH7. I followed the instructions to delete only the CPD file and then reopen the project. When I did this all the project folders were gone (or not displayed) and all the links were broken. I'm hoping there is a better way to rebuild the CPD then having to recreate all the folders and fix all these links (1000+).

Cheers-
      Rich
        • 1. Re: Corrupted CPD file in RH7
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          At worst I suspect you may only need to recreate the folders. Try creating a new folder with EXACTLY the same name as a missing one. It might just start showing the files as well and gradually the links should repair.

I've experienced a few folders go missing but not the whole lot.

It might help to know what prompted you to delete the CPD in the first place.

• 2. Re: Corrupted CPD file in RH7
            jaguarxox Level 1
            Peter,

I deleted the CPD file because I got the message "CPD file is corrupted and cannot be opened." I've been to your website before so I reread your instructions for opening Robohelp projects. I deleted it previously and it rebuilt fine. This time was not the case, so I reverted to a previous version of my help and compacted the CPD using the Jet Compact Utility. This is fine at the moment but I'm afraid this problem will reoccur.

Thanks,
            Rich
            • 3. Re: Corrupted CPD file in RH7
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              Try occasionally compiling a CHM even if that is not your output. That updates the HHP file and might help. You could take a copy of your project now and try it using the copy.