• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Group 'Fill' blending mode setting is lost upon re-opening document - Photoshop CS6

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have a really odd problem in CS6.

I have a smart object layer with the 'fill' settings set to zero, opacity 100, and a stroke applied.

This layer is contained within a folder that has an 'inner glow' applied, and fill settings for the entire group set to zero, but opacity 100.

This creates an outer glow that traces around the outer of my original object following the edge of the stroke, and leaving the inside transparent.

This works and looks perfectly fine whilst in the document - until I save and reopen it. When I re-open the file, the fill setting of the group has changed back to 100%, throwing the whole effect off!

I've tried everything and i'm stumped as to why it would do this? any ideas?

What would cause the fill setting of a group to either not save or keep reverting back to 100%?

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

I have a vague recollection of some bug concerning Groups’ Fill settings, but that might have concerned the still failing shortcuts …

Is your Photoshop CS6 fully updated?

Should a potential bug-fix have been implemented with CC you would be out of luck on the issue naturally …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vague recollection of some bug concerning Groups’ Fill settings, but that might have concerned the still failing shortcuts …

Is your Photoshop CS6 fully updated?

Should a potential bug-fix have been implemented with CC you would be out of luck on the issue naturally …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi there, I managed to track down some old CS6 update packages on the adobe website, it was indeed a bug and was fixed after installed an update! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines