• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC issues

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2008 Jul 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several issues regarding my TOC. I have recently gone from X5 to RH 7 and I have updated RH7 with the latest upgrade.

Issue #1

I get a special character at the beginning of the TOC. It is only at the beginning and it looks like this: >>?(except question mark is upside down). When I click on it it goes no where. What file should I be updating to get rid of this?

Issue #2

When I click on a topic in the TOC, the topic appears in the actual CONTENTS window of the TOC not in the correct pane. I have attached the code. Is there a file that is tied to the TOC that needs updated to prevent this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are seeing those characters in the TOC in the output? Also in the TOC editor? Can you delete them there?

These are characters that you will see in some internal RH files if they are opened in a text editor and that should never be seen in the project. Have you been doing any tweaking of such files?

RH7 allows you to create more than one TOC. Create a new one with just a few files in it. Generate using that TOC and see if that works correctly.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only seeing the characters in the TOC output. I am updating individual files and it appeared when I updated all the javascript files from X5 to RH7.

Do you know why the topic is opening in the CONTENTS pane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "when I updated all the javascript files from X5 to RH7". You shouldn't need to do anything there.

I don't know the cause of [2] but am hoping fixing the first will fix that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any documentation that shows the purpose of the files in Robohelp 7?

For example:
eHlpDhtm.js - what does it do?
whtdhtml.htm - what does it do?
The purpose of the whxdata, whgdata, and whdata folders.

Is there anything documentated to help me understand their functions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7's help (at least offline) includes the following topic:

Home > Default layouts > WebHelp > Distributing WebHelp > WebHelp output files

I searched for "output files WebHelp" to get this topic. It explains the files you listed and more.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
First of all, RH7 has introduced some new and some changed project files, none of which you should be editing, and none of which you should be mixing between project versions (I suspect that's the case here.)

You also seem to be mixing up source and output files, as evidenced by your later posting, where you question the use of these:

eHlpDhtm.js - what does it do? ( internal-to-RH source file)
whtdhtml.htm - what does it do? ( output file that holds TOC styles and calls internal-to-RH source files)
The purpose of the whxdata, whgdata, and whdata folders ( output folders that contain .js, .htm, and .xml files that spread around the info for TOC, Index, and Search, for quicker performance)

You should have made a copy of your X5 project somewhere, then opened RH7 and imported the project. Keep in mind that once a project is opened in RH7, it cannot be opened in X5 (therefore the admonition to copy the project elsewhere before you begin.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp