6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2017 5:44 PM by Günter Heißenbüttel

Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...

MstrPBK2010 Level 1

Maybe I'm just being dense, (being serious) and my brain injury might be getting in the way but ... This morning I began getting warnings within Muse that some of my fonts would not be usable with hyperlinks.  Now I've been peripherally been aware of this fact, and up until now all the links seems to have worked.  If someone could provide me a direct and simple response that would help my confusion at this moment.

The fonts that I use within my 180+ page website are:

• Courier New
      • Helvetica
      • Times

The questions on this post-Christmas morning is:

Which font is the trouble maker?

Within Muse which font group(s) are the hyperlink supported fonts?

Is there a global means within Muse to change this/these fonts out without spending several days re-editing pages to correct this dilemma?

Peter Kelley

St. Paul, MN USA

• 1. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...
          Günter Heißenbüttel Adobe Community Professional

Some of these fonts  (Courier, Helvetica) are definitely system fonts. Times can be a system font (depending on what font format you have choosen). These fonts have to be converted to an image during output.

If you haven’t assigned the link to the text box, but to a snippet of text within the text box, it will not work, because this text isn’t text any longer.

Please read my answer 4 here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357163

• 2. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...
            MstrPBK2010 Level 1

I read through your comments from the other posting.  I've left a response over there.

Its beginning to sound like Times can have two different personalities. One as a System Font (which exports as a image) and the other being a Standard Font (which exports as itself)

• Is there a clean fast way to re-edit a website to make this correction between the two font personalities?

As I have my menus set up to show the last three fonts used ... this ought to show only the Standard Font that were originally implemented from 'page one' from the design of the website.  Why any other font might be used is just a little puzzling at this point.

Peter Kelley

St. Paul, MN USA

• 3. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...

If you have a look at Muse‘s font menu, it really doesn‘t seem that difficult, to find and use the correct fonts.

If you have used a system font, just zoom out and check if the font conversion icon shows up in the right bottom corner of the text frame. Make sure, that the option to show this icon is checked.

One more way to find a wrong font: Deactivate this font temporarily on your system. In Muse every text using this font, now will be highlighted in orange. Select these parts and assign the correct font.

And if you are using paragraph styles (what you definitly should) changing a font document wide is a matter of seconds …

• 4. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...
                MstrPBK2010 Level 1

Your information above will be very useful.  Some of which I did not know existed, or was even aware could be used.

I'll go in a give it a try.  With those three suggestions I ought to be able to tackle the problem somewhat quickly.

THANK YOU for guiding me through this.

Peter Kelley

St. Paul, MN USA

• 5. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...
                  MstrPBK2010 Level 1

(Closing my eye, wondering if its worth even asking another question).

I was going to ask if the: Menu VIEW: Show Rasterized Text Frame Icon

Was the same as your reference to: 'font conversion icon'

And if it was not where do I find the Muse Option to display the 'font conversion icon'?  I have searched for it.

... but In light to your response on the companion thread here, maybe I've asked one to many questions here today.

• 6. Re: Confusion of Font Use verses Hyperlinking ...

Have a look at this screencast, to see, what I mean:

If we are not dealing with this issue (= your text isn’t converted to an image, and the links still aren’t working correctly), the only way to nail the issue is, to share a sample .muse file with us, containing only one page and only one of these „misbehaving“ text frames. Then we can have a closer look. You may use Dropbox, CC Files or a similar files haring service to provide the file. Please follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652