Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 and JavaHelp

Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2008 Jul 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I called this issue into Adobe yesterday about 3:15 EST and even got a case number for it, but unfortunately, they haven't updated their systems yet and I need to get to work on this. I know I should probably post this on the "Other" section of the forum, but seeing as how that area gets very little traffic, I figured I'd try here first.

On Tuesday I got RH 7.02 installed on my lab PC. I then tried to convert an existing RH X5.02 JavaHelp project to RH 7.02 and regenerate the output. The conversion appeared to go flawlessly, but I couldn't regenerate the compress JavaHelp output. I tried all the registry edits, environment variables (JHHOME, editing the PATH variable), etc that I've used with success before for RH 5.02, but RoboHelp still kept coming back with "JavaHelp is not installed in that directory" even though I was pointing it to the correct directory. I even did the "uninstall/reinstall" dance in the correct order, but alas, I still have a problem. Adobe Support claimed they were going to email me something, but nothing yet.

Is there anyone (ok, maybe two?) out there who have had problems with JavaHelp 2.0 and RoboHelp 7? Do you have any solutions?

Thanks,
Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I tried everything that was a solution for RH5, but still no go.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. If not, I may forego the purchase (I'm running the trial now). I really do not want to create a help that cannot be searched!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to the forum

Jim answered this in response to another post.

http://tinyurl.com/6zkjfo

Suggest you search on JavaHelp. Also look at the HATT forum and see Mike Hamilton's post on JavaHelp.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HATT/message/71972

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp