Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom form action

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As support was not able to provide any help on this issue, I am asking you people if there is a solution for my problem.

I have created a custom form with pure HTML and CSS. As the form was not created with the form generator in BC, I followed the steps on this page: Setting up Form to Email using Web Forms

So my form markup is the following:

Note the emailadress is a proper adress in the code!

<form id="form" class="topBefore" action="/Default.aspx?A=Form&Email=fname.lname@gmail.com&Subject=Ämne&EmailFrom=fname.lname@gmail.&ID=/DestinationPage.html" method="post">

<input id="name" type="text" placeholder="Namn">

<input id="email" type="text" placeholder="E-post">

<input id="subject" type="text" placeholder="Ämne">

<textarea id="message" type="text" placeholder="Skriv ditt meddelande här.."></textarea>

<input id="submit" type="submit" value="SKICKA!">

</form>

The form fields are for name, email adress, subject and the message.

The form is submitted to the proper adress, but the subject and message body is not processed. I get the following email reply:

email_reply.png

The reply shows empty Forms and Value. It seems that the system is unable to interpret the data during POST request when data is submitted via custom form. Can anyone help me out with this issue?

thanks

-Sohail

TOPICS
Developer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be much easier for you to use the system-generated form code as a starting point and adjust it to your custom requirements.

2017-12-27_19-26-10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

inputs in custom formu shuld match with name=“” data attribute. Best practise is generate form with inputs and text areas and coppy to your new form names of data.

like custom form on my project www.pagespeed-up.com

br,

Peter Knezek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines