• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New PDF tab opens

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a document, or a page from a document, the new PDF opens in a new tab.  How do I make it quit doing this?  I don't want it to open up!  I just want to save it.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean you already have it open in a tab, and when you save, it opens a second tab, so the file is now open on two tabs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if I have a PDF open and save just one or two pages, a second tab opens with the new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this doesn't happen when you just save a document?

What steps do you follow to save just one or two pages? All the steps I can think of create a new document, but there are many ways to work in Acrobat. Which version, by the way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does happen when I save a document, say a Word document.  To save one or two pages, I use the print function, but choose "Adobe PDF" as the "printer."  I realize it creates a new document, which is fine.  I just don't need this new document to open up.  I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so it's just doing the normal thing. This may be an option in the PDF printer setup. You can also extract pages in Acrobat (Organize Pages tool) but this also makes a new document that you need to save. Note that you get a MUCH better PDF if you use the Acrobat ribbon in Word, compared to printing to PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a little complicated for me.  I'm not that familiar with Acrobat and ribbons and all that.  I just need to save something as a PDF and NOT have it open again!  It's very irritating.  I don't know why it does this, when you don't necessarily need the new document to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines