3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 10:28 PM by JoãoCésar

importing image sequences to Animate CC?

spicy.L Level 1

I have about 300 frames of animation that i need distribute to each keyframe. as in each premade frame goes to each keyframe in animate cc. i imported them to the library and selected all, then went to modify>timeline>distribute to keyframes but it was disabled (unclickable.) did i do everything correctly because i searched older forums about flash cc (old version of animate) and everything seemed to be working for other people. please i need help, im still new to the program.

• 1. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
          JoãoCésar Level 4

Hi.

It's because you have to import the images to the stage first (Ctrl + R) and there you can select them all, right-click them and then choose Distribute to keyframes.

Optionally, if your files are named sequentially (ex.: image001, image002, and so on) you just have to select the first one and Animate will prompt you if you want to import the images as a sequence.

• 2. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
            spicy.L Level 1

EDIT: oh, nevermind! the issue has been fixed. thanks for your help!

if i import them to the stage then they are all pasted onto one keyframe. also, my files are named sequentially, but animate never gave me the option to import them as a sequence. (i select all from my files and click import, and it gives me a progress bar on how much has been loaded to the library. then it loads. nothing else happens.)

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
              JoãoCésar Level 4

Nice! You're welcome!

And just for reference, I'll leave this gifs here in case some search engine adventurer drop in this thread with the same doubts.

Images to keyframes

animate_cc_images_to_keyframes.gif

Image sequence

animate_cc_images_sequence.gif

Regards,

JC