3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2017 10:28 PM by JoãoCésar

importing image sequences to Animate CC?

spicy.L Level 1

I have about 300 frames of animation that i need distribute to each keyframe. as in each premade frame goes to each keyframe in animate cc. i imported them to the library and selected all, then went to modify>timeline>distribute to keyframes but it was disabled (unclickable.) did i do everything correctly because i searched older forums about flash cc (old version of animate) and everything seemed to be working for other people. please i need help, im still new to the program.

• 1. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
          JoãoCésar Adobe Community Professional

Hi.

It's because you have to import the images to the stage first (Ctrl + R) and there you can select them all, right-click them and then choose Distribute to keyframes.

Optionally, if your files are named sequentially (ex.: image001, image002, and so on) you just have to select the first one and Animate will prompt you if you want to import the images as a sequence.

• 2. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
            spicy.L Level 1

EDIT: oh, nevermind! the issue has been fixed. thanks for your help!

if i import them to the stage then they are all pasted onto one keyframe. also, my files are named sequentially, but animate never gave me the option to import them as a sequence. (i select all from my files and click import, and it gives me a progress bar on how much has been loaded to the library. then it loads. nothing else happens.)

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: importing image sequences to Animate CC?
              JoãoCésar Adobe Community Professional

Nice! You're welcome!

And just for reference, I'll leave this gifs here in case some search engine adventurer drop in this thread with the same doubts.

Images to keyframes

animate_cc_images_to_keyframes.gif

Image sequence

animate_cc_images_sequence.gif

Regards,

JC

1 person found this helpful