2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2018 7:11 AM by prhmusic2

Icons Show in Preview + Browser - not for

prhmusic2 Level 2

2017_12_29_NoIcons.jpg

When I preview my settings, I see the TOC / Index / Search / Glossary icons in the preview & when I open in a browser (Chrome, Firefox, IE).

When I compile and view my HTML5 output, there are no icons.

Has anyone encountered this?

I've tried

opening an older project (A) and compiling with the same layout - the icons display for project A in the browser

copying the !ScreenLayout!\Charcoal_Grey folder from the A project folder to the 'troubled' project folder (Troubled) - the icons don't display after I compile the Troubled project and view in the browser.

opening both projects in separate RoboHelp instances and comparing my settings -  I don't see a difference.

creating a brand-new project (Newbie) and compiling, the icons display for project Newbie in the browser.

What else could I try?

Message was edited by: Paul Hanson - added screenshot of what I see in the browser, after compiling - the red box is where the TOC / Index / Search / Glossary icons should be.

• 1. Re: Icons Show in Preview + Browser - not for
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try creating a fresh layout?

In the blank area of the problem layout, when you mouse over is there an indication it is clickable or hover text that shows?

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: Icons Show in Preview + Browser - not for
            prhmusic2 Level 2

There's no clickable or hover text that shows when I mouse over the problem area.

I think I tried to create a fresh layout last year <wink>, but I'll try it when my AM backup completes.

Update: I had tried creating a new Output (SSL), but not a new screen layout. I created a new SSL called "FreshNewDR", went to its properties, clicked Customize Selected Layout and selected Charcoal_Grey. I clicked Ok and got a message saying Charcoal_Grey already existed and to change the name so I named it "Charcoal_Grey2", clicked Ok, selected Charcoal_Grey in the drop-down in the "Manage Layout" section of the Responsive HTML5 Settings window, clicked Save and Generate, and I now have my icons showing!

Another Update: I compared the Charcoal_Grey folder to the (new) Charcoal_Grey2 folder and found out that all the files are duplicates except for "MasterThemeSchema.xml". I used the Diff Checker website to compare the two files.

Final update: I tried to upload a graphic of what Diff Checker found but the JPG was too big for the forum. I copied the "MasterThemeSchema.xml" file from the Charcoal_Grey2 folder to the Charcoal_Grey folder, thinking it would fix the Charcoal_Grey layout, but it didn't. I am just going to use the "Charcoal_Grey2" layout since I know it works!