• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in photoshop CC. Cannot get rid of it

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the installation of the latest Photoshop CC i cannot work with Photoshop anymore on my MacBook Pro.

But I can work with it on my iMac with an older version of photoshop CC which I did not upgrade so far.

The problem:

If I select a certain diameter stamp or brush, let us say 3 centimetres there is only an inner circle within the selected diameter  which is actually working. It is never the diameter size which i have chosen. It is impossible to work like this, since on can only guess were the tool is working. Imagine to selected a certain circle but only a random inner circle of the diameter you selected actually does what is is supposed to do.

That bug even effects an older version of photoshop CS6 which i have still on my computer since it came out and which worked well. I regret having bought CC which obviously like a virus affects other versions  of photoshop.  Now both of my versions CC and CS6 have the same bug.

I had called a german representative of Adobe who deinstalled together with me everything related to CC in my computer and reinstalled it again. I even bought a brand-new macbook pro and installed a fresh CC. I am a professional photographer working for the biggest european publications and need a properly working photoshop. The problem does not go away. None of the photoshop wizards here in Hamburg/Germany who work for mayor agencies and big name photographers have any idea how to fix the problem. Neither anybody of Adobe.

My computer worked well until this summer when I upgraded the operation system, Now since I bought a new computer a week ago, it runs High sierra anyway.

Fortunately my  iMac with an older version of CC (2015.5) and Apple Sierra works well. I do not have the bug there.

Does anybody have an idea. I rested everything  and deinstalled and installed again. there must be something else which effects Adobe since it is also CS6 which behave in such a strange way.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

It could be as simple as having the System Cursor Size set to something other than Normal.

System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and set the Cursor size to Normal and see if that fixes the issue.

cursor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be as simple as having the System Cursor Size set to something other than Normal.

System Preferences>Accessibility>Display and set the Cursor size to Normal and see if that fixes the issue.

cursor.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Jeff!!!!

It is about 2 in the morning now and I get your message after reediting a story on the Russian mafia which I did in the 1990th on Kodachrome film.I t needed to be scanned again on an high end scanner and then cleaned of a lot of dust, dirt and scratches n the emulsion of the film.  I did not spend time in the Rhine valley with my family where I grew up since I have to work on those files for an upcoming exhibition and could not do it with the Macbook  because i HAD THIS PROBLEM.

YOU SOLVED IT!! WONDERFUL! I am packing my stuff tomorrow and drive back to my parents since I can use my Macbook now for this work of precisely cleaning the dirt and scratches from this old diapositives. I could not do it before with the tool not working precisely. Sometimes the simple problems are the hardest  to detect.

Thanks again Jeff!  I am grateful!! Have a great New Year!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines