• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.dng files in Lr CC on iPad Pro

Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous to Lr CC v3.1.0,  I had used Lr Mobile on my iPad Pro - which I was delighted with.

However - the recent auto update that removed Lr Mobile and replaced it with Lr CC  has me stumped.  I cannot figure out how to export my .dng files. I think that in the past I would synch a collection to Lr (previous to the name change) and would find my .dng files in the Lr collection on my MacBook Air.

Is there anyway I can stop the upload to lightroom.adobe.com which is where my files have been transferred to ? i  really would prefer to revert back to Lightroom Mobile on my iPad and synch them to Lr on the Macbook. or on my Win 10 system.  - If there is a way to synch directly to a Lr desktop from the iPad, then somehow I have missed out on how that can be achieved.

Thanks in anticipation.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, peer to peer syncing is not supported at present. Syncing between a mobile device and your desktop or laptop version of Lr CC can only be achieved by first syncing with the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian for your explanation. Not sure about "Syncing between a mobile device and your desktop or laptop version of Lr CC can only be achieved by first syncing with the cloud".  Can you elaborate please ? 

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple device to Apple device (iPhone, pad or computer) you should be able to use Air Drop.

Additionally, you could send the files to iCloud which is available from all Apple devices/computers.

iCloud is also available for Windows.

Testing- I just shot 4 photos with my iPhone using the Lr CC camera. Clicked Share (top or screen) then Share from menu, selected the photos and chose Air Drop. Within seconds they appeared in the Downloads folder on my iMac and on my MacBook Air.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - Never used Air Drop.....  Still leaning Apple.....  and will re-visit iCloud - which I still need to understand how and what gets shared by it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to YouTube and search iCloud Tutorials
Many good ones.

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 11.49.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your suggestion. After re-reading your earlier post where you said "Testing- I just shot 4 photos with my iPhone using the Lr CC camera. Clicked Share (top or screen) then Share from menu, selected the photos and chose Air Drop. Within seconds they appeared in the Downloads folder on my iMac and on my MacBook Air." I realised that you would have shared .jpg files.  What I am endeavouring to find is a way to get the original .dng files from my iPad into Lightroom Classic CC 2018 on either my MacBook or Win 10 PC where all my image files are catalogued.

For the time being I have been able to get the source .dng files back down from the Lr Cloud into Lr CC 2018 on my iPad Pro.  Now all that remains is to be able to access these originals and get them into my Lr Classic CC on either my MacBook or Win 10 system.

Thanks for your help along the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines