5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2017 8:27 AM by susanc1348456

Updated LR crashes repeatedly!

susanc1348456 Level 1

Has anyone had a problem since updating to the latest LR (app) version?  I am now unable to open LR or access any of my images.  It crashes instantly every time I attempt to launch.  I swiftly receive an error message asking me if I want to send a report to Adobe.  Then, the report fails to go through. Ridiculous. 

• 1. Re: Updated LR crashes repeatedly!
          Ian Lyons MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Can you be more specific about the version of Lightroom you're using.

Is it the new Lightroom CC or Classic?

How did you update the application?

What operating system (Win or Mac), and version are you using?

Answers to above questions will help narrow down the possible cause of your crashes.

• 2. Re: Updated LR crashes repeatedly!
            Neox99 Level 4

It's not the Lr software causing problems. If it were, we would all be suffering the ills.

As Ian asked, the more info about your computer system you can provide, and step-by-step examples of what lead to your problem, will go a long way in allowing us to help.

• 3. Re: Updated LR crashes repeatedly!
              ronc31062689 Level 1

Mine is crashing too.  I had updated LR6 and now cannot use it.  I am about to leave on a photo trip and can't imagine not having i! Of course I am getting no help from Adobe - they respond that they cannot fix it and chat is closed.

• 4. Re: Updated LR crashes repeatedly!
                susanc1348456 Level 1

Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I have since updated to High Sierra (or whatever the heck Apple's current operating system is).  That, of course, presented a whole new series of problems.  But, I now have LR back.  What a tremendous waste of time!  I am really hoping this current version or "classic" as Adobe refers to it was worth this aggravatioN?  Not seeing it so far. Thanks again...  Susan

• 5. Re: Updated LR crashes repeatedly!
                  susanc1348456 Level 1

Ron,

Thanks for getting back to me.  As I just replied to Ian, I have since updated to High Sierra (or whatever the heck Apple's current operating system is).  That, of course, presented a whole new series of problems.  But, I now have LR back.  What a tremendous waste of time!  I am really hoping this current version or "classic" as Adobe refers to it was worth this aggravation?  Not seeing it so far. Good luck and safe travels...  Susan