3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2017 6:02 AM by JJMack

photoshop dropdown menus on different monitors

LioDS

hey there

I bought a new pc with windows 10 on it and it works fine. But I have one problem that drives me crazy. I have two monitors with 2 different resolutions so I have to set the ui-scaling to different settings.

BenQ 27" 3840x2160 with 150%

BenQ 24" 2560x1440 with 100%

I have my workspaces build the way that all my menus I need are on the right screen. But if I want to use the dropdown-menus they appear moved to the right. Because they reacting like they were on the screen with the higher scaling.

If I set the scaling on both monitors to the same it works fine. But isn't it possible to have different scaling and all menus react as they should? They work fine on all the other adobe programms like InDesign, Illustrator etc.

here a screenshot from my second monitor (german menus, because I'm from switzerland)

screen_2.jpg

thanks for the help
      LioDS

• 1. Re: photoshop dropdown menus on different monitors
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Adobe Photpshop is coded to handle High-Resolution DPI.  It does not use Windows scaling.  Adobe Photoshop UI scaling currently is  a Global setting for Photoshop UI and only offers 100% or 200% scaling of all Displays.    If you wish to use windows scaling.  Windows will scale all that Photoshop Displays UI and Image.   With Windows 10 it easy to do using a Windows Shortcut setting.   Change Application handle High DIP to  System Enhanced. Set Photoshop CC scaling to 100% if yuo use Windows scaling....

• 2. Re: photoshop dropdown menus on different monitors
            D Fosse Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Put the whole application on the 24" screen, with all the panels and tools. Set 100 or 200% as appropriate.

Then drag an image over on the 27". Close it again. From now on, all images should open on that screen. Image scaling is independent from UI scaling, so the scaling factor is moot here.

At least that's how it worked last time I used multiple monitors.

• 3. Re: photoshop dropdown menus on different monitors
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

That is the best way to deal with High-resolution displays these days. Use multiple displays with different resolution.  For example do not use CC 2xUI scaling and keep Photoshop UI on your low-resolution display and edit your images in floating windows on your High-resolution display. The only Photoshop UI info in your High-resolution display will be the information in the floating image windows frame and image rulers. Look at these two screen captures and a picture of my displays two 20" 100Dpi  flanking a middle 24" 4k 185dpi display.  Adobe is working on an improving Photoshop UI scaling feature. Some day it may be useable on very High-resolution displays.

DellT3620.jpg

DellT3620Displays.jpg

1 person found this helpful