Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Always opens with white Background

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just started using Photoshop. I have cropped parts of images in the past and put them as a new layer and the background used to be always white. Now its white and it's always white even when I open a new project with no files in them and the layer is a new layer. Please Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not entirely following.   

When you create a new document, the background layer is always going to be filled with white.  That's normal, and I am not sure that there's any other way to open a new document.  Are you saying that you copy parts of an image layer to a new layer?  Is that not working for you?

It might be easier if you try to duplicate this problem, and then copy your entire workspace to the clipboard, and paste it to this thread (Ctrl v)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I wrote 'white' instead of 'transparent' in my sentence ("background always used to be transparent"). What I meant is that when I used to make a selection with the selection tool, make it a new layer and turn off visibility on all other layers, the background of the selection used to be transparent and not white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without system information and other details like exact version of PS, tool settings, document settings etc. nobody can tell you much. From display issues to a wrong setting on a tool that simply fills empty regions with the background color this could be anything.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We still need that screen shot.  It is super easy to do.  If you have a Print SCRN key, press that to load the desktop to the clipboard, and paste here with Ctrl v.  Then we at least have a chance of seeing what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines