• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link an Image to an email address

Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, Happy New Year to everyone on this board. 2017 has been amazing and I wish you all a happy, healthy & prosperous 2018.

Now for my question. How do I link an image I created in Adobe Photoshop and imported into Adobe Dreamweaver CC to an email address without any extra text?

Thank you.

Carolyn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

carolyn@10541  wrote

So what you’re saying is that I should link it to my contact form in my website.

Thanks and happy new year

Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone

A resounding YES. 

Happy New Year to you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happy new year to everyone around there...

what do you mean... ? do you mean send an image by e-mail ?...

so if that is the case you can have two choices... linked as an attachment to the mail... or include as a body mail image ?

in both case the image will have to be placed on your server and you will use the link to there.

to link as attachment, you'll have two solutions... using native php mail() PHP: mail - Manual  or the PHPMailer() class GitHub - PHPMailer/PHPMailer: The classic email sending library for PHP  ... for that one you'll find a sample there Tutorial · PHPMailer/PHPMailer Wiki · GitHub

if you need to embed the image in the body just use it in the body of the mail as you would in a normal HTML page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the mailto: prefex in the Link field of your HTML Properties Panel.

LINK:  malto:me@mydomain.com

Having said that, mailto: links are not reliable.   People who don't have email software (Outlook or Windows / Apple Mail, etc...) on their devices will see nothing.   Ideally, you should be using a contact form with a form-to-email processing script.  Ask your hosting provider if they have one you can use.   Failing that, ask your web host which scripts your server supports -- i.e. PHP, ASP.net, Perl, or something else.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. I thought about that after I submitted the question. So what you’re saying is that I should link it to my contact form in my website.

Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carolyn@10541  wrote

So what you’re saying is that I should link it to my contact form in my website.

Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone

A resounding YES. 

Happy New Year to you too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again Nancy. You've been such a great resource and have been very

professional.

Carolyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines