• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sketch on iPad Pro isn’t accessing my camera roll

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m trying to import a photo as an image layer. I get an error message that Sketch wants to access my camera roll, and tells me to go to Settings > Privacy > Camera to turn on access. But Sketches isn’t listed with the other apps that have requested access to the camera roll. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Hi ActionFigure.

Good timing; I was just getting ready to jump off for the evening.

I had a feeling.... OK, I've done a bit of research since talking to you and one other person and I think this has to do with some new privacy settings in iOS 11. But I do have something I'd like you to try (it should make photos import-able in Notes again too).

1. On your device go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy (that will reset your privacy settings back to the defaults)

2. Then force qu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you denied it in the past, it will show up. But if you haven't created a preference, then it won't be in there.

If it's not showing you an option to allow or deny access, then try restarting your device.

A cold restart of your device should also recalculate your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sketch still isn’t showing up in my Camera settings to request access - although ProCurve and Sketches Pro is  there. I did shut down my iPad and tried reinstalling Sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin.

What do you see when you go to Settings > Privacy > Photos or Settings > Sketch (scroll until you see the app)?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robin,

You may also Contact Customer Care for more troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to figure out how to contact customer care as I have the same issue. Just posting contact customer care and marking the question as answered is not helpful, at least provide a link to how.

when I go to insert a photo into adobe sketch, I select from my iPad, but the the window comes up blank with no photos in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActionFigure.

Sorry it's not working. Please check what I'd asked Robin to check and let me know what you find: What do you see when you go to Settings > Privacy > Photos or Settings > Sketch (scroll until you see the app)?

Aslo I spoke with someone this morning using Draw who was having trouble with iCloud; are you getting any error message?

Let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, it says “Add Photos Only” when I select the options I am given are ”NEVER” and “ADD PHOTOS ONLY”

thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActionFigure.

You should be good to go.... You've selected Add Photos Only, correct?

A couple more things:

Try importing a photo into Notes and see if you have any trouble importing a photo into a Notes document from your Photo Library.

Also, can you post/send me a screenshot of the menu that opens when you tap on On My iPad from an Image Layer?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActionFigure.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to import a photo into the Notes app.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, I am NOT able to access my photos InNotes. I just get a blank window popping up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ActionFigure.

Good timing; I was just getting ready to jump off for the evening.

I had a feeling.... OK, I've done a bit of research since talking to you and one other person and I think this has to do with some new privacy settings in iOS 11. But I do have something I'd like you to try (it should make photos import-able in Notes again too).

1. On your device go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy (that will reset your privacy settings back to the defaults)

2. Then force quit Sketch (double tap your Home button then swipe up on the app when you see it).

3. Then restart your device.

4. After you turn your device back on, go to Sketch, and open any drawing. From that open drawing tap the Share icon (the square with the arrow in the upper nav). From the menu that opens choose Share Image. From the next pop-up menu choose Save Image. That will save the drawing to the Photos app; you should see an alert asking for permission to Add to Your Photos. Tap OK.

5.  Go to Setttings > Privacy > Photos. You should see Ps Sketch in that list.

6. Then try importing a photo into an Image Layer.

Sounds like a lot of instructions but it's pretty easy. Let me know how that goes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so i know im really late but I’m having the same problem. In my privacy settings it says “add photos only” why the rest of my apps say “read and write” and when I try adding a photo from my camera roll it doesn’t give me a alert or anything asking to allow my access to camera roll or anything but it goes to my camera roll an I select a photo. It acts like it added the photo by going back to the canvas where I can draw but the photo I selected isn’t there.

and I can add a photo to note with no problems and every other apps just not adobe draw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin.

Are you by any chance using the iOS 13 beta?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am. Is that what it is ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Collin.

Yes. That's what it is. The product team does know about it and there will be a fix prior to the public release of iOS 13.

Until then, you can put images in your Creative Cloud Files folder (https://assets.adobe.com/files) and import them into an Image Layer from there. That should work fine.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, Sue! May I know how can i transport photos to the Creative Cloud Files folder from my camera roll??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines