I created sideshows for a mobile version.
I then copied the slideshows to the desktop version.
I was very successful controlling the dimensions and padding of the thumbnails.
No issues there.
All my source images are much larger than the final display size so I am not attempting
to make them appear larger than the original files.
I understand that for some reason MUSE is incapable of changing the sizing of all Hero Images
At one time, which is very frustrating.
However when I attempted to resize the Image to be displayed in the Lightbox,
It continues to reset itself at random and takes many attempts to get the settings to stay.
Moreover, the behavior of resizing these objects varies each time I do it.
I have documented the settings and so I attempt to set the sizing by entering the data into the Transform
My impression is that MUSE if very glitchy in this area of controlling settings.
Please share any expertise, grasp or understanding how to make this work the first time
Without having to redo each slideshow 6 to 8 times to get each resize to “hold”.
HERO CONTAINER: 644 x 800 pixes
HERO IMAGE: 600 X 800 pixels
(I have also attempted to make the Hero Image larger than the actual image
thinking this might be the issue, but often times that resizes the Hero Container 644 x 844)
IMAGE: 600 X 800 pixes
Resizing Caption Text Box, Resizing Previous or Next Gadgets all undo dimension settings
On the Container and Image.
To further clarify what changes will discard all the settings already made, I had to perform these tasks
before adjusting the actual image size as adjusting any of them after the image size was set will
discard the image size:
SET SIZE OF HERO CONTAINER
THEN SET SPACING TO ZERO ON HERO CONTAINER
THEN SET SIZE OF CAPTION BOX TO 600
THEN SET SIZE OF PREVIOUS AND NEXT AREAS
BEFORE SETTING SIZE OF ANY PHOTOS
Why should adjust the dimensions of the previous and next areas,
or changing the width of the caption area
wipe out any changes to the image size.
One point I should make is that unfortunately MUSE is incapable of reading a caption
from the JPG image which has lost hours of time for me. I had to go through the
insanely slow primitive method of entering all the captions to these photos
in the mobile version and I didn't want to relive that pain.
So I felt I should be able to copy the widget slideshow onto the desktop
and upsize the images. This very fragile buggy editing is certainly beneath the standards
of a company like Adobe and these controls should be made reliable
and vulnerable to adjusting the dimensions on a previous or next area,
or have a user perform this over and over to learn what has to be done in what order
as a work-around to assure that the settings don't get lost.
Even using this order of adjustments and settings,
I still had to re-do several of the galleries that didn't "hold" their settings.
I realize someone will say, discard the widget content and reimport them
and I have done this on many projects but when hundreds of captions have to be matched
to particular images, that isn't an answer that should be given for a professional product.
Please if you find that I am missing something in how to control these settings reliably
I would like to know what that is.