• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert to symbol size issue

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with making a movie clip symbol of a certain size where I originally drew a rectangle of an arbitrary size and converted it to a symbol as a first test. Now, I want to change the size and position of this rectangle to more exact measurements. I first tried changing the size of the rectangle in the main timeline but the size wasn't altered in the movie clip as I expected. Then, I tried deleting the symbol and the rectangle entirely and drawing a new one and converting it to a movie clip again. However, this doesn't seem to have fixed the problem either as when I enter the transform panel the "Scale Width" and "Scale Height" measurements are not at 100% and resetting the scales changes the rectangle back to the arbitrary size that I had before and deleted.

I'm quite new to Animate so I'm probably missing a very well known solution but I can't seem to find it, even after searching online to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

If you create a Movie Clip from a rectangle of width 200 and height 100, for example, the 100% scale of this Movie Clip will be related to these values.

So if you want to change a Movie Clip to a specific size and keep its scale at a 100%, you first have to double-click the Movie Clip and change the properties of the object inside of it. In your case, you have to set the width and height of the rectangle shape itself, not the Movie Clip.

You can as well set the specific dimensions of your shape be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you create a Movie Clip from a rectangle of width 200 and height 100, for example, the 100% scale of this Movie Clip will be related to these values.

So if you want to change a Movie Clip to a specific size and keep its scale at a 100%, you first have to double-click the Movie Clip and change the properties of the object inside of it. In your case, you have to set the width and height of the rectangle shape itself, not the Movie Clip.

You can as well set the specific dimensions of your shape before converting it to a Movie Clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines