3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2018 11:13 AM by JimHess

Lightroom CC - Organise

azad.Dersarkissian

Hello,

I just migrated my Lightroom Catalog from Lightroom 6 to Lightroom CC .

And i'm kind of scared.

On my hard drive, my pictures are organised by Year / DateOfTheEvent - Description.

Exemple :

2016 / 16_12_16 - Wedding of Josh

2017/ 02_01_17 - Office New Years Party

Since 2008 (day I started using Lightroom) , I had always organised my folders like this - and my catalog was a reflect of my folders.

With the new lightroom CC - I feel they have changed everything ... and i'm totally lost.

Is they a way to come back to the old way of seeing my files ?

- either by not viewing the "by date" but "by folder name" (like before)

- or by downgrading back to Lightroom Classic ?

Thanks for the help

• 1. Re: Lightroom CC - Organise
          Neox99 Level 4

Right now, Lr CC sort order is what it is. We don't expect version 1.1 to have all the features of a decade old version like Lr Classic ver 7.1.

That aside: Why are you 'scared'? Lr Classic is not going away. Use it until such time as the features you want are included in Lr CC.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom CC - Organise
            azad.Dersarkissian Level 1

Thank you for your answer,

I thought it was not possible to switch back from Lightroom Classic, once I had updated my Lightroom catalog to CC level.

I'll stay on the Classic one then.

• 3. Re: Lightroom CC - Organise
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Just a point of clarification. Lightroom Classic CC is not a "downgrade" from the new Lightroom CC. I hesitate to mention this again, but Lightroom CC is a different program, totally new from the ground up, aimed at an entirely different type of user. It isn't intended to be a replacement for Lightroom Classic CC. Both programs are still being developed and fully supported. As mentioned, there's no need to be scared. Try the two programs, and decide which one suits your workflow and use it. Maybe Lightroom CC (the new one) will eventually evolve into something that will be more useful to you. In the meantime, if Lightroom Classic CC better meet your needs there certainly isn't any reason to feel that you are compromising or giving up anything by using it.