• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Summa Cutter plugin for Illustrator CC 2018 (macOS)

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Is there any plugin for MacOS compatible with my SummaCut D140R FX that allows me to submit jobs to cutter directly from Illustrator CC 2018?

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moving to Illustrator SDK​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found an answer to the above question? I'm also looking to cut directly from Illustrator CC 2018 (MAC) to a Summa D140R... Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the link I posted? There is an "Adobe Illustrator 2018 Creative Cloud Plug-in for Mac OS" download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thanks, though it only includes the function to 'Add registration marks' and not the ability to cut directly from illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless they have a publicly available API for controlling the cutter (I couldn't see anything on their website), only Summa would be capable of creating such a plugin, so I suggest you contact them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries, thanks for the reply... in the Windows version there is a link which takes you to the cutting software, though the link doesn't appear in the Mac version. I believe it's only an issue with CC2018. I've sent Summa an email, and waiting their response.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the closest you can get is the MacSign Cut (the free, registration only version) if you are after Mac only environment. See Summa's own docs: https://www.summaamerica.com/pdf/user-manuals/macsign_qs_en.pdf

Seems to be simple enough but I never tested it as our cutter is connected directly to PC RIP and we go through WinPlot path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines