• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The hopeless search for the "horizontal image slider" widget.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hopeless search for

the "horizontal image slider" widget.

Hey everyone!

It's come to my attention that there is a simple feature that many Muse users are requesting that seems to not be on the radar of any widget developers.

Of course the widget in question is the fabled Horizontal Image slider.

I have seen various websites that show images  in a gallery sliding from left to right continuously by use of the scroll wheel/trackpad. Though for some reason when searching for such a widget/Java script one is lead down a very long and deep rabbit hole.

If you are unsure what I'm talking about: Look below at the examples showcasing what the widgets fundamental components are.

Best examples of the widget in question:

Overview of Work by Eric Ryan Anderson

Anastasia Makarenko by Lennart Bader

http://ofilaye.portfoliobox.net/photography

Clayton Bozard Photography - Music

Seems straight forward enough, right?

Now, I'm not a developer of JS of any kind and I'm fairly uneducated on it, that being said, I find it very frustrating that there are countless widgets that provide features that are much more complex, yet this fairly simple scrolling gallery is neither included in Muse nor available by any third party vendors, that I'm aware of.

If all those sites mentioned above have that feature then surely is cannot be such an outlandish idea to expect to find something similar for muse, right?

Some may then say "Well there probably isn't a demand for it", and that is why I correlated a list of some of the other forum posts by people asking for virtually the exact same widget.

Examples of other users asking for the same 'horizontal sliding gallery widget':

Image Slider Widget (horizontal)

Horizontal Scroll and responsive design

Creating a horizontal gallery?

Creating a Horizontally Scrolling Gallery in Muse

Horizontal scrolling gallery 

Some of the solutions given in these post were somewhat helpful but no one ever gave a definitive answer.

People who made these posts I'd like to add you into this post so that we can all benefit form any helpful responses given.

@Dandalo

@sarahrenee

@svenf32614322

@bicpenmaster

@Picturequest

I hope this has cleared up a few things for people.

If anyone knows of such a widget please let us know.

Thank you all.

Sam.

TOPICS
Mucow development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines