Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what would you recommend ? Surface Pro or Book 2 for Animate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello forum,

I want to start working on Animate (to create animated illustrations) and I do not know what I should buy: Surface Pro or Book 2 for Animate? Or another product? What works well with Animate?

Also, is i-5 processor, 8 GB memory and 256 SSD ok to work with animate?

Please advice and thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's the minimum ram and that ssd is very small.

if you're not adding must to your computer and doing nothing complex/large in animate, that will work, but i wouldn't use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but I checked Animate system requirements and it says 2GB or 8GB recommended. So how the 8GB is not enough?

Also, regarding the hard disk it says 4GB is enough...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the minimum is the minimum.  that works if you’re doing the minimum with your programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what would you recommend  for more complicated Animate projects to be sure that you will not run out of memory, then? 16GB?

By the way,

Adobe Animate CC system requirements

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, what would you recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple: Surface Book 2 comes with dedicated graphics: either a GTX1050 or GTX 1060, while the Surface Pro has Intel graphics only - which are terrible for graphics work.

256GB SSD will suffice, although you will have to get an external drive to move projects to when you are done. Flash animations aren't that big - raw performance is more important to animate. 16GB RAM minimum is advised for intensive graphics work.

i5 will suffice. BUT! The Surface Book 2 configuration with an i5 doesn't have the GTX1050 option. You will need to get the i7 in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

16mb is enough for most purposes.  (but if you have a large fla, ~200mb+, you'll need 32mb+.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you do NOT get a Surface anything. Especially if you want to use it with Animate. In order to get it to work with pressure sensitivity you have to do a bit of tweaking

Re: Adobe CS6 Brush tool DOESN'T WORK with Surface Pro 4. Photoshop works fine. Using latest wintab ...

and while it apparently works it doesn't work for everyone so I don't know if you should risk it. I would suggest instead a Wacom Mobile Studio Pro

Wacom MobileStudio Pro | Wacom

Or if that's too pricey I bought a used Cintiq Companion off of eBay which works beautifully. I mean to each his own but I've wanted a Surface Book for a long time because they're sweet looking but I can't bring myself to do it with all the troubles Microsoft has had with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would suggest you do noe get a surface becuase it is not good worth for you. However, if you have decided then go for Book2 or upgraded. Hopefully, my suggestion will help you tak decision better. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchase any device? Kindly, guide me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you didn't want to respond. So, best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines