• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere CC2017 is after up- and downgrade extremely slowly - No more work possible

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yesterday I had unfortunately the very bad Idea to update during a current project from Premiere CC2017 to CC2018. With the 2018 version I had a whole bunch of errors and it after hours of loading the project it totally crashed. Then I immediately installed again the old version and was able to load the project again.

But: Now it runs so slowly (It needs 20 seconds each time when you want to press the "play"-button for playing a video in the timeline). It is impossible to work any more...

Does anyone know help?

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see of you see a blue conforming status bar on the lower right side of your interface you should wait for that to finish and your media should play better.

you may want to also try cleaning your media cache.

go to the top of the interface and click on Premiere Pro (MAC) or Edit (Windows)/Preferences/Media and Disc Cache then clean your cache.

Shut down then re-open Premiere. Hopefully this helps.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello robs98218079,

thanks for your reply! The cleaning of the Media Cache helped to run Premiere faster, but its still much slower than before the up- and downgrade.

I am wondering if its necesarry to clean the cache-folder manually? Since newer Premiere-versions, the button "clean" has changed to now "clean unused" and after pressing this button, my cache-folder is still 8,6 GB with 4300 files in it..

Size.pngunused.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, clean it manually.  Delete both Cache folders and the Peak Files folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cleaning the folders manually did not make things better. I am afraid my project has suffered through the opening in the newer version irreparable damages. Not only its extremely slow, but also Premiere crashes now every half an hour. Different errors occur, for example the error below...

Does anyone have advice?

err.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you installed all software on the machine to it's default location on the C: drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to try cleaning it manually and see if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the installation folder is on the local harddrive: C:\Program Files\Adobe

Because I have only one harddisk, the footage, the cache-files and Premiere itself are all located on C:\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious.  The error message shows D: drive in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats really strange, I have not even a partition with D:

drives.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a disk in your DVD drive and that is the "d" drive. Was that for the install? Try removing it. Worrisome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stan Jones,

D is usually the DVD drive, thats correct. But Premiere was not installed from the DVD. (It was just downloaded to C:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm there's no disc in the D Drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was a security patch for windows os for intel processors to run 30% slower. is that installed as an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chris44157881: Well I am not sure if my Win10 included the Intelprocessor-update with the security patch... Here are the  updates:

Updates.png

@Stan Jones: I am not sure if there was a disc in the drive when this error occured. But probably not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

KB4056892

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines