5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2018 5:21 AM by noec51612407

CC 2018 Problems with Composition Window

YourMathTeacher

Upon updating to CC 2018 from CC 2017, I am having several issues that I don't know to solve, that are making it near impossible to edit with.

The biggest is that my composition window will not update in real time with the changes I'm making in the layers below.  For example, if I were to click on the "eye" button that hides or reveals a layer, there would be no change in the composition window UNTIL, I grab the playhead and move it either forward or backward.  The same goes for any and all changes I make to the layers, whether I'm adding new layers or editing current ones.  It is extremely frustrating.

I also can't change a font if I create a new text layer.  I can scroll through the fonts, but when I select another font, it stays at whatever the previous font was.

I'm a ten year user of after effects and have become familiar enough with the program that I can usually troubleshoot my own problems, but this is beyond me.  I tried adjusting several things within preferences, but had no success.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, and the problem remained.

Any help would be very appreciated.  Thank you.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 9.19.12 AM.png