• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simplified Chinese turns to Traditional Chinese when copy and pasted elsewhere

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've having trouble copy and pasting a simplified Chinese PDF. The text is automatically turned into traditional Chinese when pasted elsewhere.

I tried extracting it to Word, html... Still, it turns the whole document from simplified to traditional Chinese... How is that possible?

I checked the font that's embedded, and I can't recognize it. So, I'm guessing that's the issue?

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 3.39.51 PM.png

I double checked another simplified Chinese document. The embedded font is recognizable, and i don't have this issue.

Screen Shot 2018-01-05 at 3.40.05 PM.png

Is there a way to replace the embedded font or another way to fix this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

If the font is not available, Acrobat may have no way to know which language applied,  because it's the same Unicode point for tens of thousands of common characters. This is called "Han unification" You would not be the first to observe that this was not an ideal decision by the designers of Unicode. Han unification - Wikipedia . You may be able to change the font after pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ewei.deisign,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, the simplified Chinese Font changes into Traditional Chinese font when you copy the fonts, Is that correct?

Sometimes, when a PDF is created by an application and that application does not interpret the specifications of PDF, you get the error message.

If you have Acrobat Pro, try running Preflight to list syntax errors in the PDF file and then run the Preflight fix-up.

And the correct place in your workflow to embed fonts is when you create the PDF file, not afterward in Acrobat, for detailed information, you can refer to the discussion and the answer marked as correct How do i enbed fonts in acrobat dc pro?

You can also refer to PDF fonts, Adobe Acrobat

Is it possible to share the sample PDF file to us so that we can test it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the font is not available, Acrobat may have no way to know which language applied,  because it's the same Unicode point for tens of thousands of common characters. This is called "Han unification" You would not be the first to observe that this was not an ideal decision by the designers of Unicode. Han unification - Wikipedia . You may be able to change the font after pasting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines