Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encore Closed Captioning

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having issues with the Closed Captioning on PC.

I have burned out a disc with closed captions using .scc files through Encore. The closed captioning plays fine when I try on on Mac computers through DVD software, but when I play the disc on a PC with Windows Media Player, it only shows half of the CC. The CC starts and stops at certain times, leaving parts where no CC will display.

I am curious if this is something I can fix through Encore or if this is strictly a Mac/PC thing. We need to burn hundreds of this DVD for educational camps across the country and need every DVD to be as compatible with whatever our instructors have available at schools to show the DVDs. Any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, what are the results when played on a DVD player hooked to a TV? This will help to clarify what sort of problem you have.

Software emulators of DVDs, what you have on either Mac or PC, can vary a lot. Some PC emulators may work in others not, same for Mac although they are more likely to be using the same program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines