• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New to BC - a quick question

Participant ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently host with another provider and am able to create multiple sites, each with their own domain, each administered under my main account. I can create and host additional domains and websites without having to pay anything additional. Is something like this possible with BC, or does each domain have to purchase their own hosting package? I created a test site, and it seems that my login is tied to that one test site and wouldn't allow me to create additional sites. Thanks!

TOPICS
Going live

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Through your partner portal, you should be able to create any number of new trial sites, but each site has to have its own hosting plan. Once upgraded, you can add whichever domains you need to add to a site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you can have different domains at no extra cost. This will not be the case with any service, you always will need to pay more for new domains. I think what you are probably indicating is - Subdomains... sub.mainsite.com etc. And you are thus building different sites under each sub domain.

You can technically do this in BC but each site will have to share the same system messages and their pages such as form confirmation pages, system error and message pages etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam. thanks for the reply.

My host allows unlimited full domains, mysite.com, yoursite.com, theirsite.com. I host 5 web sites and was hoping that would be possible on BC. It doesn’t look like it is, but I’ll keep watching in case anything changes.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will be doing something Unique and if you are not paying a fortune you are lucky, I honestly can not see that lasting as a service.

No it is not possible in BC, they are not a host company, you need to purchase domains separately. Most other companies and solutions you got to pay for domains, what you got is not common unless your paying A LOT per year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a site called A2Hosting. You sign up with one main domain and then can "add on" as many as you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on their own documentation:

- You can add as many domains as you want.

- The domains FIRST have to be purchased and you are CHARGED for that.

- Domains can be pointed to folders and subdomains can be set up. Subdomains are not limited.

https://www.a2hosting.com/kb/a2-hosting-customer-portal/domain-management/registering-a-domain

So they are as I thought, not part of the package. I would check your bills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't look like domains were/are included with BC either. From the BC website:

Step 1 - Buy and register a domain name

https://docs.worldsecuresystems.com/user-manual/site-settings/site-domains/change-the-domain-name-of...

With A2, you can buy your domain from them or from another registrar. If you already have a domain, just go to your registrar and set the name servers to point to A2's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buying a domain from them, someone else. You still buy a domain. Your post and question had:
"Can create and host additional domains and websites without having to pay"

But we have established that this is not the case and while it is nice you can get them through the service, you do indeed have to pay for them. BC does not and is also shutting down in 2 years so you are better suited to look for another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines