Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted Lightroom catalog.

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanuj,

I am also having the same issue and not able to open my last attempt at a back up.  The backup did not finish and completely locked up my computer and I had to restart it.  Now the file is corrupt.

Thank you,

Rachel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Primary catalog is 'corrupt'?  Backup Catalog is 'corrupt'?

Why/How?

So you can't use a Catalog Backup . . . How about using your last computer backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 5.7 and it asked me to restart ... so I did.  It then asked me if I wanted to backup and I clicked ok.  The backup froze my computer and I had to restart my computer.  In doing so the catalog was not completely backed up and is now corrupt.  When I start lightroom it tells me that the catalog is corrupt and cannot be used or backed up until it is repaired.  When I click on repair catalog, it gets stuck on update catalog file format.  My previous backup was a week prior and I have done so much since then.  Is it all lost?  Please help! 

Edited to add that it gives error code 404

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the backup failed that should not corrupt the actual Working catalog file.

Do a search of your drive for .lrcat (​.LRCAT) and see what turns up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I am getting:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well it seems you have no real working catalog.

I see a bunch of entries for a F: Drive which seem to be backups of the catalog.

F:\FileHistory\rache_000\RACHEL-HP (4)\Data\C\Us... and the date (2017_12_30 and time 13_17_18 UTC)

But where that actually is on one of you drives I have no idea. It looks like it is pointing to a Drive F: but then references the Data C: drive and the Users folder.

I think you have some very bad computer problems like a corrupted hard drive and LR can't cause that. That is caused by hardware failure.

Hopefully you have backups of your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines