1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 6:59 AM by ~graffiti

Contribute -> Dreamweaver

cpolcaro34 Level 1

I created a website for my husband's business many years ago using Contribute CS4. It is hosted by Hostway. I am able to edit and update the website using my very old MacBook that has an old operating system that will still run Contribute. I am afraid of the computer going bad at some point and the new operating systems will not run Contribute. I have been trying to search the best (and easiest) way to update so I can edit and update the website, but to no avail. I spoke to customer service at Hostway and they are not able to help as they say they only host the website and have nothing to do with the maintenance of it. One person there recommended Dreamweaver. I am not a techie person, nor do I know how to code. I would like to know if I can open up the existing website in Dreamweaver and do any edits/changes there. I have downloaded a free trial of Dreamweaver, but don't readily see a way of doing so. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Contribute -> Dreamweaver
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Dreamweaver should be able to work on a Contribute site easily. In fact, you can use it to "build" a Contribute site. You are probably just viewing the code but there is a way to use a WYSIWYG editor. In Dreamweaver, go to View>Design.

1 person found this helpful