• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble printing an information card

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm try to print an information card in photoshop. I've made the image size 5x7, I put in 5x7 print media but it is enlarging it just enough to cut off all four sides. I don't have scaled to fit turned on and the paper size selected is 5x7. Clearly I missing something. Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is you printer capable of printing without borders. Can the image and paper be identical in size. Is the print without any white borders and is the paper the correct size physically? Scale to fit may scale down the image to print within the printable area on the paper.

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack,

I'm printing on a Canon Pro-100 and I do have the option to print borderless which I do. I'm also using photoshop and I set the image up as a 5x7 and I did physically measure the paper and it is a 5x7. When it does print it has no white border. I've tried scale to fit and it doesn't change anything. I'm at a total loss. The only thing I can think is it's my printer drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do your Canon Pro-100 device driver setting look like. Can you capture your printer settings? Use the Printer setting button in Photoshop's Print Dialog after you select you Canon Pro-100 as the printer to print on to open your Canon Pro-100 settings. Are there scaling options in there?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this is what you were asking for!Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 8.05.11 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-07 at 8.06.03 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Printer setting I see I can see there is a scaling feature but it not checked.  I can not tell if it is a photo printer for I see no Paper Type selection available or and Photo print quality setting or color management option.  In your Photoshop Print dialog I see a paper Profile setting and Photoshop will handle print colors. Was that profile installed for your canon printer? It also looks like the Printer driver set there is some unprintable area on the top of the paper look at the preview.   Photoshop's document  scaling is not checked and the height is a full 5" and the width almost exactly 7"

You also us a Mac I may be JJMack i use windows.   You can see my Epson 4800 is a Photo Printer it has no scaling option  but has Paper type setting, Color management setting which I set off and have Photoshop handle color and a Print quality setting.

Perhaps some Mac user can help you. All I see is some unimportant background color mat not print across the top of the paper.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I printed the card on a 8.5 x 11 and the size measured is about a quarter inch to wide and high. I printed the same file on my iMac and it does the same thing. I've selected scaled and unscaled and it always prints to big. I've reloaded my printers drivers and they both still do the exact same thing. I think I'm going crazy! hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines