• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR opening multiple windows of itself

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom was doing the "can't open because another application is already running" so I found the .lock file and deleted it, but this didn't work and my lightroom still open multiple different windows  if I try to start it, and then the .lock file will appear again after I shut lightroom down. And now It also displays the message "catalog-3 can't be found so we can't open lightroom" I don't have a catalog 3 in my lightroom folder. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall lightroom and that doesn't work either, I don't know why all of this started happening and any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear what your title has to do with the rest of your text. I don't see any "multiple windows" being described in your message.

The lock file SHOULD be there when you open Lightroom, and it should disappear when you close LR. So I'm not sure that you have described an actual problem.

Find your catalog file using your operating system (Windows Explorer or Mac Finder). Search for files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Then double-click on the catalog file to open it. Does Lightroom open properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been more clear. Ill describe what has been happening with my Lightroom application since yesterday. I open the App and it says first "this application will be opened with reduced functionality" my membership is up to date so this should not be happening. After that MULTIPLE (sometimes 7-8) lightroom tabs open and I get the notifications "can't open because application it is already in use" and the notification "lightroom catalog lrcat.-3 cannot be found" comes up, I don't have 3 catalogs in my lightroom so I don't know why this notification comes up. I have tried uninstalling lightroom and creative cloud and neither of the have worked. I have also read on other forums that deleting the .lock file in the lightroom file will fix the problem and that doesn't work either. If anyone has insight on this it would be appreciated. Sorry it's confusing I have no idea what's going on with it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have been more clear. Ill describe what has been happening with my Lightroom application since yesterday. I open the App and it says first "this application will be opened with reduced functionality" my membership is up to date so this should not be happening.

Is that the complete entire word-for-word error message? If not, please quote the entire error message. It seems like you are not using the proper subscription user-id when log in (it should be the same e-,mail address that you used when you subscribed);  So try logging out and logging back in, making sure you use the proper e-mail address.

or it could be that your subscription is not up to date.

After that MULTIPLE (sometimes 7-8) lightroom tabs open and I get the notifications "can't open because application it is already in use" and the notification "lightroom catalog lrcat.-3 cannot be found" comes up, I don't have 3 catalogs in my lightroom so I don't know why this notification comes up.

Find your catalog file using your operating system (Windows Explorer or Mac Finder). Search for files whose name ends with .LRCAT. Then double-click on the catalog file to open it. Does Lightroom open properly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The opening of multiple instances of LR should not be happening. Your computer is infected with something. There have been several posts like yours and the only fix I have read about was to remove all Adobe software, uninstall it all, then use the CC Cleaner tool to wipe all trace of Adobe software then reinstall.

You might also want to run Malwarebytes before you do the reinstall

+++Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If that doesn't work then the only other option is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall everything, OS, Programs. But first backing up all your personal files including all your images and the LR catalog file to an external drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the solution posted in this thread.

Multiple (and more and more) instances of LR start themselves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines