3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2018 8:12 PM by JJMack

Zoom 33,33% Photoshop

sofias18587565 Level 1

Hello,

When I open a photo in Photoshop, it opens with default zoom of 33.33%. Images are too small to work with. I have to increase them. Given that I work with many photos, hundreds, increase all one by one, it takes a lot of time and work. Before they opened bigger. Something changed. How can I open with a 45% zoom, by default, for example? Without having to do this one by one?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Zoom 33,33% Photoshop
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You may my be able to zoom to 45% because a small document will be too small and 45% of a very large document will not fit on your screen. However you should be able to zoom images you open to fits your display by setting up a Open Document event handler that uses a one step action that does a  menu View>Fit on Screen....

Or zoom to fit on screen the zoom out one time Ctrl+- a two step action.  In either case the Zoom % will vary with document size.

• 2. Re: Zoom 33,33% Photoshop
            sofias18587565 Level 1

Hi JJMack, thank you.

"Fit on Screen" it would be great. But I don't know how to create event handlers. I think it's necessary to do some programming?

Is there a menu on Photoshop to determine by default that all pictures should be opened with the variable size "Fit on Screen"? (Probably not, because if there was one, you would have said...)

Thank you,

Sofia

• 3. Re: Zoom 33,33% Photoshop
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

It is very east.  Created an action that has one step name the  Action FitDisplay.   The Click Record, Record no not steps just hit stop recording.  Then use the action Pallets  Fly-out menu insert menu item.  Then use menu View>Fit On Screen  the chick OK in the insert menu item dialog. That finishes the action. Next set up two script event handlers to use the action.

Use menu File>Scripts>ScriptEventManager.   In the dialog check enable events to run Scripts/Actions and the use the pull-down menu and select event new document.   Radio button Action and select the action set  the you create the FitDisplay Action in and select the FitDisplay action. Then Click the ADD button. Use the pull-down menu again and select the Open Document  Action Action Set Action FitDisplay Add then use the Done button.

Capture.jpg

1 person found this helpful