2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2019 11:53 PM by Cafe Carlos

Photos in Parent folder but not in subfolders

cielo4 Level 1

I am making my first earnest attempt at organizing my photos. I am one of those unfortunate ones who got shafted by Apple after using Aperture since its inception. Needless to say, I have a lot of pictures that are in limbo. Time to get them organized into LR.

I am organizing by geography as a parent folder. Then I am using subfolders to further differentiate events and locations within that region. I have been dragging folders as a whole into a parent location to create a subfolder.

Things were going well until I realized in one parent folder, I have 1253 pictures. The total number of pictures in the subfolders is 679. Therefore, I somehow managed during a drag/drop (or two) to put pictures into the parent folder, even though I made an attempt to organize into subfolders. Not really sure how I managed to be so clever, but I suppose it doesn't really matter at this point, does it? The deed is done.

How can I determine the pictures located in the parent folder, that are not contained in one of the subfolders? Is there a simple method to "display those not in a subfolder"?

Thanks!