Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closed captions disappear after each marker

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I usually use the default playbar and have never had any issues with closed captioning. However, for my current project I'm using custom navigation buttons for the first time and have been trying to figure out how to get closed captioning to work the way it does with the default playbar.

I'm using a button with a conditional action that checks the value of cpcmndCC, and sets it to either 1 or 0 depending upon the value to show/hide closed captions. The problem I'm having is that the closed captions display when the button is clicked, but they immediately disappear when the subsequent audio marker is reached in the timeline. For example, the audio for one slide might be broken into 3 sections of closed captioning. When I hit the CC button, the first section shows up, but when the second section should display, the CC box disappears. I can hit the button again and see the second section, but then when the third section should appear, the box disappears again.

I've tried researching the issue but haven't come across this particular problem with a solution anywhere. Hopefully this is a simple fix! Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Is this version 2017? It is a bug but you can ask for a hot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this version 2017? It is a bug but you can ask for a hot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I chatted with Adobe support for an hour (including screen sharing to show the issue) but had no luck, and I was told there is no hot fix. I'm wondering what's up since I came across a different thread on this site with a similar closed captioning issue and several users said they also received a hot fix upon request. Weird.

Now I'm waiting on support to research the issue and get back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all Adobe Support people have the same level of knowledge.  Hopefully they will find the solution.

As far as I am aware, the known issue in Cp2017 with the Closed Captioning turning off after each slide was for HTML5 output.  Is that what you are publishing to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod, yes I'm trying to publish for HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hot fix was created at least 6 months ago for the situation you described: custom toggle button for CC. I have it installed, will try to put you in contact with someone from Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, Lilybiri, I appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you the PM with the hotfix. Please follow the steps and let me know in case of any issues.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me instructions for the hot fix? I am experiencing the same issue with my CC advanced action.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for that hotfix anymore. Just install the patch (Help, Updates) to go to 10.0.1..285.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

As a moderator, may I beg you not to inert your personal credentials? This is a public forum, too dangerous. I just took out everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do.  Did not realize I had done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could someone please send me information on the hot fix? We tried the patch to update the issue, but are still experiencing the problem with the CC.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for commenting, the hot fix did indeed correct the problem! Thanks for sending that, Mayank_M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources