• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC2018 Start Screen comes up blank - mac

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!   I've just updated our lab machines to the CC2018 version of Premiere Pro, and I've come across an issue where the Start screen remains blank when the software has opened.  The screen that normally shows recent projects and has the option to start a new project, that's completely blank. The 'new' and 'open' options are still reachable via the File menu and the software will open up as normal, but I've no idea why the Start screen would be blank!

For clarity, this is on both the Mac Pro and the iMac, and Premiere Pro is the only CC2018 application installed.  The complete CC2017 is also installed on the machines.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening please?

Cheers all!

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

After Premiere opens and the Start screen is blank, you should be able to resize the window and then the normal Start Window appears.  Possibly a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

That is definitely not normal, but you can try launching Premiere Pro by holding down Shift-Option.

Release the Shift-Option key when the splash screen appears.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I gave that a try, and the Start screen is still blank, alas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it is blank, do you still see the menus?

If so go to the menu Window > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout.

If this restores the screen, you may need to do it a couple of times to make it stick.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menus are accessible but the Reset to Saved Layout option is greyed out, alas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Premiere opens and the Start screen is blank, you should be able to resize the window and then the normal Start Window appears.  Possibly a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you swicks01, that's a great workaround!  Resizing the window 'refreshes' it and the options appear, brilliant!

The screen is still blank on initial launch, but this workaround is a great help, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Start screen is still blank

I am sorry that you are still facing this issue. Please attach a screenshot of the blank screen.

Meanwhile, try these steps:

• Close all Adobe applications in Activity Monitor.
  • Double click on blank desktop screen first.
  • Now on top left corner of the screen (near Apple Icon), click on Go > Go to Folder.

Location 1: In the box type ~/Library/Application Support.

Location 2: In the box type ~/Library/Preferences.

Location 3: Documents folder.

In all the locations, rename the 'Adobe' folder to 'OldAdobe'

Launch Premiere Pro, accept the License Agreement and see if it works.

Note: You will lose your customized workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I've tried trashing the preferences and no joy, we're still getting the blank screen:

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 15.49.14.png

However, as swicks01 has suggested, resizing this window brings up the missing options. So is it possibly a window size bug?

All the best,

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get the same problem on the Mac.

3 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB RAM

Radeon Pro 555 2GB

Running 10.13.2

Premiere 12.0.0 (build 224)

-Package for the entire CC 2018 created with Creative Cloud Packager.

It is odd, when you move the mouse over the blank screen, The cursor changes to the pointing hand, as though you're hovering over the options within the start screen. So the options are there, but you just can't see them.

For me, resizing the window doesn't work immediately, only if I've left the start screen in place for a period of time first.

Alternatively, if I also leave the start screen for a while (a few minutes), then move the mouse over the start screen in what appears to be a certain area (perhaps over the options) it also becomes visible.

I think I also noticed similar behaviour with some of the other adobe apps when testing, but now can't remember what should have a start screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to resolve the issues of my Mac has a white screen and not able to login in ever since I loaded Adobe Elements 2018. What should I do? U install? Does it not work properl? Yet I know many people who use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did u try to open premiere in a single monitor. if the welcome screen is showing in a single screen, the issue is your graphics. you should upgrade the graphics card or driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines