4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2018 11:11 AM by JackDee1042

How to transfer changes made to Library to photos on HD?

JackDee1042

I have 2300 photos that we scanned by a copy company. I have put them in the library by adding them without transferring them. Several were not rotated properly. I have gone through in library to right them all. Now, please tell me how to sync these hundreds of changes to the actual photos on my hard drive?? I would be very appreciative for this advice as I am a novice.

Jack DeMember

• 1. Re: How to transfer changes made to Library to photos on HD?
          dj_paige Level 10

JackDee1042  wrote

I have 2300 photos that we scanned by a copy company. I have put them in the library by adding them without transferring them. Several were not rotated properly. I have gone through in library to right them all. Now, please tell me how to sync these hundreds of changes to the actual photos on my hard drive?? I would be very appreciative for this advice as I am a novice.

Jack DeMember

This is a basic fundamental concept of how LR operates.

Lightroom does not change your original files. NEVER. That's a strong word, but it is appropriate.

If you want to obtain a COPY of the photo with the rotations (or other edits) applied, you must use File->Export and then you will have a copy of the photos rotated and with edits applied.

• 2. Re: How to transfer changes made to Library to photos on HD?
            JackDee1042 Level 1

Thanks a million. I have done it and appreciate the knowledge.

Jack

• 3. Re: How to transfer changes made to Library to photos on HD?
              Just Shoot Me Adobe Community Professional

JackDee1042  wrote

Jack DeMember

What type of images files are they, JPG, TIF?

When you say you have Added them without transferring them what exactly do you mean by that.

What type of media did the company use to Give You the scanned digital image files.

You need to understand that none of your actual image files are INSIDE LR in any way. LR is a Database program and only References your image files into the LR Database file, IE the Catalog File.

If these images you got from the scanning company are JPG images then you should Copy them from whatever type of media they placed the images on to give back to you to your computers internal or external hard drive.

Please post back answering the questions I've asked.

• 4. Re: How to transfer changes made to Library to photos on HD?
                JackDee1042 Level 1

I have copied the files and all is okay. I get the database thing and will proceed accordingly. First thing done wa to copy from dvd to hard drive. Now I have a new directory with all oriented right full jpgs and deleted the directory with misorientation.

Thanks,

Jack

(Edited by Moderator to remove email address)