Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File size is to small when exporting from Animate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have created a Facebook banner on Animate and my aim is to export it and then convert it using Media Encoder. I was having trouble converting it and getting a 'Source file has no importable streams' message, so a colleague tried on their mac. We discovered that my Animate seems to be exporting the .mov file at a size of 33kb whereas his exports it at 489mb.

I can't find any way to change the way the video exports as a .mov. Does anybody know of a way I can export this file properly?

I have tried uninstalling, cleaning and reinstalling all of Creative Cloud and that didn't change anything.

I am completely at a beginner level when it comes to using most Adobe applications so any answers would be appreciated in basic terms

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

It looks like a path related issue. If you had gone into publish settings while working on the hard drive file, and set the SWF to publish to your desktop, it may well have worked too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video export uses QuickTime. If it's not installed you get a very small file.

If you're using Windows, here is the QuickTime installer:

Download QuickTime 7.7.9 for Windows

You will read, or will have read, about dropping of support of QuickTime, partly over concerns about security updates to QuickTime Player. The export to QuickTime from Animate doesn't use either the QuickTime Player application, or the browser plugin, so there is no risk in using QuickTIme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response!

I'm using a Mac. It of course already had Quicktime installed but I decided to try installing Quicktime 7 also. I made it the default player, closed everything, restarted, and still it's exporting it as 33kb.

I'm about to pull my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QuickTime Player isn't involved in the export to video, so it should work whether you have QuickTime Player (the X version), or QuickTime Player 7, neither would be used.

What is the publish path for the SWF? That's where the MOV will be put too, and if there is something unusual about the location it could fail to create the MOV correctly.

Can you successfully export any other FLA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .fla file I was using was in an external hard drive. I dragged it to my desktop and it fixed the problem completely!

Thanks for getting involved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like a path related issue. If you had gone into publish settings while working on the hard drive file, and set the SWF to publish to your desktop, it may well have worked too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines