3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2009 7:38 AM by injpix

Flex and the cold fusion wizard

sammy545
      I am trying to use the cold fusion wizard in Flex 3. What must be set up before you can use this? I know what the wizard does, but I don't understand what is needed or going on in the background in order to get it to work properly. I have a msql table and when I open the RDS Dataview and enter my password it opens up.

Everything seems to work fine until I select the 'Edit Master Page' button, it doesn't work.

sammy
        • 1. Re: Flex and the cold fusion wizard
          sammy545 Level 1
          From what I understand this problem occurs on vista. The solution is to uninstall flex builder 3 and reinstall it. When you reinstall flex 3 you must right click on the the executable (installation) file and select 'run as administrator'. This will allow you to get into the query browswer when you select 'Edit Master Page' inside of the cold fusion / flex wizard.

sammy
          • 2. Re: Flex and the cold fusion wizard
            sammy545 Level 1
            I need to correct myself. I didn't actually need to reinstall flex. All I needed to do was right click on the flex icon ( the one the starts flex builder ) and select 'run as administer'. This solved the problem I was having of not being able to get into the query browser when using the cold fusion / flex wizard.

sammy
            • 3. Re: Flex and the cold fusion wizard
              injpix Level 3

Hey, thanks for the tip!  I did what you recommended, but initially had an issue with conflicting workspaces.  So I created a new temporary directory for a workspace to be used in the 'Run as Administrator' setting.  Then, when FB loaded up, I just reverted back to my orginial workspace by navigating to 'File>Switch Workspace'.