3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2008 12:59 PM by Newsgroup_User

cffile with UNC Path

I need to move a file from one server to another over a network using the UNC Path. Is this possible with cffile? Ftp is not available.
      ColdFusion 7.1
      Windows server 2003

Thanks
      Fred
        • 1. Re: cffile with UNC Path
          Level 7
          timeToPlay wrote:
          > I need to move a file from one server to another over a network using the UNC Path. Is this possible with cffile? Ftp is not available.
          > ColdFusion 7.1
          > Windows server 2003
          >
          > Thanks
          > Fred

Yes, but the ColdFusion 'Service' in the Windows Services Panel needs to
          be configured to run under a domain user with the required permissions
          to the remote server. Rather then the default 'LocalSystem' user that
          normally has *no* network rights.

Then <cffile file="\\remoteServer\directory\file.ext" ...> works just fine.

• 2. Re: cffile with UNC Path
            Thanks Ian
            My network person wonders if you would know what the default local rights are for the ColdFusion Service. Presumably these will also have to be reset for the domain user account.

Thanks
            Tim
            • 3. Re: cffile with UNC Path
              Level 7
              timeToPlay wrote:
              > Thanks Ian
              > My network person wonders if you would know what the default local rights are
              > for the ColdFusion Service. Presumably these will also have to be reset for the
              > domain user account.
              >
              > Thanks
              > Tim
              >

Not off the top of my head. There is an article in Adobe's nee
              Macromedia's nee Allair's knowledge base that spells out all the local
              rights a ColdFusion user needs to run properly.

My basic understanding is that that the Windows 'LocalSystem' user is
              just short of an admin user. With fairly wide privileges to the file
              system.
              1 person found this helpful