• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

some JPG files imported into PSE15 ORGANIZER but DO NOT DISPLAY

Participant ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Among hundreds of pictures that were automatically brought into my PSE 15 Organizer, there are 22 *.JPG files. These 22 files show up in the organizer just with a place Mark, with a small "document" icon in the middle. But they do not DISPLAY the actual picture. For your information, originally, these files' extesion were in lowercase *.jpg. I have changed those extensions to UPPERCASE, still they do not DISPLAY. How would I find out what's wrong, and what I would need to do to make them display the actual pics? All of these files are among the ones I had brought down from Facebook. Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to ad this information to my original posting. All 22 photos are DISPLAYED in the Windows Explorer without any problems. When I try to take one of these photos to my PSE 15 Editor, I get the message: "Could not complete your request because of a problem PARSING the JPEG Data." I have also attached a screenshot of the METADATA for one of these files.PSE_15_JPG_Metadata_2018-01-10_2244.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The metadata fields you are showing are just the same as the one reported in the other post running currently:

Broken Thumbnails in PSE Organizer 2018 (16.0.0.0) / Workaround included!

See my screenshot in post Nr 6.

Not exactly the same behaviour (in the other case there is no such error message).

The workaround is to open the file from any other free editing software and to resave a copy.

I see you have reported the issue in the feedback forum:

JPG files, gets imported, but NOT get DISPLAYED in PSE 15 Organizer | Photoshop Family Customer Comm...

You say that those files are coming from Facebook: you might try to ask for help there. I don't use Facebook myself but i have seen similar problems for files imported by my wife.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines