• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR4, LR5,LR6,LRCC

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Am using Lr since Lr3,4,5,6,and CC versions had many mishap and survived, but the latest one is bad, I made duplicate of the same Hd i.e 4TB = 4 TB but when I went to connect to old 4TB it wouldn't read and everything got messed up! I Am managing all of my pictures in macbook pro late 2012 model 251 GB and i see all of my LR cat LR 3 to LR CC, how do I merge into one happy LR family, I can still see them on my hard driveI know I know  I Am not computer guy, but I have managed so far, with calm attitude, not getting frustrated like I used to be  in the beginning ! I Am just tired, can someone give me some pointers. Thank you in advance. or please email me at   [private email removed by Mod]

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your issue. If you upgraded from 3 to 4, 4 to 5 ... LR always created a copy of the catalog and then upgraded that copy of your catalog to work with the latest version. If you have a subscription, then this currently will be LR Classic CC (7.1).

There's actually no need to keep the old versions since all contents has been brought forward to the latest catalog.

What exactly do you want to merge?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, In my HD application all the versions  of LR are visible i.e not the issue, but when my seagate external drive was full, then I started uploading pic to a new external HD, but when I wanted to do some editing from the  previous hard drive which was full, my LR CC would not work with it, and I'm thinking to delete my LR completely from my computer and reinstall and import all the pic from my seagate hard drive, I think will loose all the work I have done over the years, ( JUST THE THOUGHT). Is there a better solution to fix the problem? oh I forgot to mention that my LR is not showing any previous pictures from catalog, only the seagate pictures I can see ! I reimported all but all the files and folders are nameless and some of them are mixed with other  pictures, that's why I was thinking to delete all the pic and re import, [phone number removed] Regards, Kong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not responding earlier.

You can easily work with multiple external disks. They show as on- or offline in the library and need to be online for developing and exporting.

You can also move all the contents from one disk to the other. You can do this from within LR or with the OS and then re-link the topmost folder of the moved photos.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/move-photos-another-hard-drive-leaving-catalog/

Reimporting is NEVER a good idea.

What exactly do you mean with:

oh I forgot to mention that my LR is not showing any previous pictures from catalog, only the seagate pictures I can see ! I reimported all but all the files and folders are nameless and some of them are mixed with other  pictures,

A printscreen maybe helpful.

What is your OS and your exact (numbers, not 'latest' or alike') version of LR?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.17.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.16.08 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 12.08.20 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.07.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.19.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.05.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 11.05.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines