• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to mark text in a large PDF file and pull out just the marked text?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work at a law firm.  One of the attorneys has a very large PDF file (over 1,000 pages) that he needs to review and mark text.  He then needs to go back and pull out the marked text into another file.  Is this possible, and if so, how can it be done.

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

Myra Echols

Trainer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are various ways of doing it. If they haven't created the comments yet make sure you tick the option to copy the selected text into the highlights (under Edit - Preferences - Commenting) and then you will be able to use the built-in Create Comments Summary command (from the Options button in the Comments List panel).

If they already created the comments you could use this script I've developed to retroactively copy the highlighted text into the comments (preserving any comments they already typed in): Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Retroactively Copy Highlighted Text into Comments

I've also developed my own comments summary tool, which I think is superior to the built-in one in various ways. See: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat - Create Comments Summary (TXT/PDF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines