Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade to High Sierra

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm currently running ColdFusion 2016 and ColdFusion Builder on OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), which Apple no longer supports. I'd like to upgrade to the latest OS version, 10.13.

It's always a nightmare update the OS. Has anyone been successful? Will CF work on 10.13?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could offer some help here.  My guess is that you'll have little problems, although you might need to install an older version of Java: How to Install Java on macOS Sierra

A tip I might offer is to start running ColdFusion development environments in VMs.  Something like Vagrant works well, and there are CF boxes already built that you can take advantage of.

-Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right after High Sierra came out, I tried running the upgrade. It killed my computer real badly.

How bad, I had to buy a new computer. I then took the old computer and ran it in Target Disk Mode. I was able to get everything back. A good thing.

I took the old one to the store, they formatted the drive, installed High Sierra. My GF has the old computer now.

Back to CF, CF 2016 runs great on High Sierra. It runs great on Windows 10 on Parallels on High Sierra. All is back to normal.

~~~~

My advice, back up everything. I was lucky my old computers drive was readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation