• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC Hard Round Brush is basically a razor wire fence...

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all

I recently got new parts fitted in my PC (an SSD & a GTX1070) and I've encountered a few issues since then, first of all my tablet didn't even work but that's all sorted now, so I booted up photoshop as I wanted to do some doodling and -something- has happened.

Below is my brush strokes now, my hardness alternating throughout each one but you can see that the brush stroke is basically on a grid no matter what zoom I'm on apart from 100%.

Error.JPG

Below is how my doodles used to look, there's no patchy bits on curves and it's generally better in my opinion.

Another real good lookin Zul.PNG

The image above was zoomed in by the time I captured the image (being captured before I exchanged parts,) my Tablet is plugged into my CPU as it always had been but somethings happened, any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

That looks like a GPU drawing issue, so a couple of questions:

1.When you installed the new GPU card did you also go to NVidia and get the latest drivers? (Don't rely on Windows find the latest).

2. Did the new GPU replace an older card or do you have it fitted alongside an older GPU?

If you are not sure - go to Help >System Info and click on the copy button. Then paste the info here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check Preferences > Performance > Cache levels If it is set to 1, then change it to any other value (4 is good). You could also try different Drawing Mode settings.  i.e. if it is set to Advanced, change it to basic, but Advanced is usually best, because some features _might_ not work with it set to basic (Perspective Warp)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting most recent Drivers is like muscle memory, when I saw the issue, I went back to reinstall from GeForce Experience but obviously it didn’t work; the New GPU replaced the old one though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bobsy  wrote

Getting most recent Drivers is like muscle memory, when I saw the issue, I went back to reinstall from GeForce Experience but obviously it didn’t work; the New GPU replaced the old one though.

I'm not sure from the above where you have fixed the issue or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the wording, no it still isn't fixed.

I went into my settings & my Cache Levels were already at 4, nontheless I changed it yet once more nothing happened; afterwards I changed my Drawing Mode and still, nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any update to this would be gladly welcomed as I do tend to do work on this tablet & photoshop, not just for leisurely activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines