• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Capture CC on iPhone 6 and 7 crashes from splash screen back to phone main screen.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not update the Capture software on my iPad and it still works.  All devices are up to date on their iOS (11.2.2).  I tried the toggle Bluetooth fix I saw in an earlier discussion.  No dice.  Is this a known problem or am I just lucky?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Thanks Jeff.

Just forwarded that to the engineers too.

I'm emailing you right now with a couple of things to try. Give me just a minute.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeff.

This is definitely not a known issue. I'm using Capture v3.2 on an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.2 and am not experiencing any crashing. In addition, I haven't heard any complaints about crashing like this. That doesn't mean that something weird isn't happening on your devices.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling? Perhaps try that. Before uninstalling, though, make sure any/all assets from that device are synced to Creative Cloud; sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries.

If the reinstall doesn't work, please email me through the in-app feedback from one of your phones so I can get the rest of your device information and get it to the product team.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try uninstalling and re-installing, still nothing.  The app will not stay on long enough to do anything in-app, it just displays the splash screen for about 1 second then back to phone screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff.

I'm running this by the product team. Can you check one thing for me.... Since you can't check in Capture, can you look in iTunes app and tell me which version of Capture you've been installing?

I'm guessing it's 3.2 but wanted to ask anyway.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff.

Just saw your in-app feedback. Thanks for sending all that device info over.

I'm going to email you there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

More information here. If I uninstall Capture from my phone and reinstall, I can open the app and sign in. When I try to access the Materials tab it crashes out. By the way, thanks for helping me out.

Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff.

Just forwarded that to the engineers too.

I'm emailing you right now with a couple of things to try. Give me just a minute.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines