3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2008 3:42 PM by robdillon

Interactive gallery

elechal23 Level 1
      I am using this pic gallery from this link: http://www.flasheezy.com/flash_file/4-XML-gallery-3 but I needed to make some modifications to it. I made the document size smaller and changed the background color. The pictures are going off of the document and the user cannot see them. It is random, here is the site I’m working on: www.levelgraphics.biz/4colorfoil/gallery If someone can please take a loot at it and let me know what I can do to fix this, I would really appreciate it!! I looked through the action script but I couldn’t find anything…not too familiar with it =/

Thanks in advance!
        • 1. Re: Interactive gallery
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant
          Each of those images is animating across the screen using a timeline animation or actionscript. So, you need to either change the timeline for each animation, or you need to change the end point of each animation in the actionscript.

If this is using actionscript then it is probably setting the end points as a random value based on the original size of the stage. Look for a line of actionscript that includes "Math.random()". There will probably be a multiplier number there. Make that number smaller to reflect your new stage size.
          • 2. Re: Interactive gallery
            elechal23 Level 1
            Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot for your reply, I found the "Math.random()" and I tried taking off the * on the side that it has and adding numbers to it but it didn't work, it has an extra piece of code on the side that if I remove it, the pictures don't show up. Here is it...

function randRange(min:Number, max:Number):Number {
            var randomNum:Number = Math.floor(Math.random()*(max-min+1))+min;
            return randomNum;

There is A LOT of action script in here that just keeps going and going so I don't know what other parts I would have to change. My document size is 290 tall by 463 wide. There are 2 layers and the code above is on the second layer toward the bottom. I attached the codes and but a big space between the 2 layers. If you can please help me further I would be extremely grateful!!!!

Elenis
            • 3. Re: Interactive gallery
              robdillon Most Valuable Participant
              Here's one function that uses the random function, an older version, not Math.random:
              //Função para Criar +1 i thumb
              function duplicaThumb() {
              //Duplicamos o Thumb
              Thumb_mc.duplicateMovieClip("Thumb"+Carregada+"_mc", Carregada);
              //Movemos ele para posições randomicas
              this["Thumb"+Carregada+"_mc"]._x = random(463)*-1;
              this["Thumb"+Carregada+"_mc"]._y = random(290)*-1;
              carregaEsseThumb(this["Thumb"+Carregada+"_mc"]);
              }

I have no idea what's going on here, but the random function is used to set a random x and y position for a movieClip, I'm guessing its a thumbnail. These numbers here, 463 and 290, could be changed to smaller values and then see if the positioning is better.

This chunk of code further down:
              function posicionaThumb(Qual:MovieClip) {
              Qual._parent.tween(["_x", "_y", "_rotation"], [randRange(290, 463), randRange(290, 463), random(360)], 2, "easeOutQuad");
              Qual._parent.onRollOver = function() {
              if (!Aberto) {
              desombraMe(this);

}

};

looks like it may also have something to do with the positioning or the animation of the photos.

Hope this helps.